testtest

Mods and Admins...

ok, i just went to the google settings. i did just remove "English" from the spell checker, and kept, "English/United States", but that makes no difference.

i also cleared the browser history as well.

i can "take it", if it does not spell correct "ain't", but it is a few other words i am coming across, it is not correcting.

ok, update....

ain't

ain;t

ok, here is what i just did..

i misspelt ain;t

then i corrected the punctuation, highlighted it, then clicked onto it, then had chosen (again) "enhanced spell check"

and it accepts it, in it's CORRECT spelling/punctuation...

but now ACCEPTS the misspelling as well...... :ROFLMAO: :eek: :unsure: 🤪

i give up........

of recent, when i misspell a word, and click onto it for correction, this site doesn't seem to show the corrective spelling that it once did..

case in point, ..........ain:t

you see where i used the "colon" instead of an apostrophe..??? (')

i used to click onto that misspelt "ain:t" and the correct word came up

now i get....aunt..ant...faint...

in contrast, when i misspell didn:t

i get the corrective spelling of ''didn't"

there are a few other words, i have been noticing this lack of corrective spelling, where before the last "maintance " ...see i did it there, and NO corrective spelling for maintenance, comes up......

i even checked my "google enhanced spelling correction", and it is set to "on".....

any ideas on what you may have accidently deleted, when you moved the furniture..????

that's what we called it at another site, "furniture moving day"........

and the thread we started was....

"let's see how you can make our lives miserable moving the furniture today".... :ROFLMAO:

thanks in advance.
Ya, i du sumtims have twoble spulling wurds allso……… 😬😵‍💫

ok, i just went to the google settings. i did just remove "English" from the spell checker, and kept, "English/United States", but that makes no difference.

i can "take it", if it does not spell correct "ain't", but it is a few other words i am coming across, it is not correcting.

ok, update....

ain't

ain;t

i misspelt ain;t

then i corrected the punctuation, highlighted it, then clicked onto it, then had chosen (again) "enhanced spell check"

i give up........
It’s a Rhode Island thing.

ok, update....

ain't

ain;t

i misspelt ain;t

i give up........
Akkk.... PUNT -->

MS Edge: It's Chrome only Better.

;)

i tried different browsers in the past, Opera, Firefox, whatever MS had before Edge...

but this always happens after a very short time.....

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-gif.gif

i tried different browsers in the past, Opera, Firefox, whatever MS had before Edge...

but this always happens after a very short time.....

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-gif.gif
OIC, clearly You have been infected with the Dan Quayle Virus; Spell Checkers Disabled. 😜

If you're having the same issue on every browser you've tried, perhaps a problem with your OS (i.e., Windows Spell Check API) rather than with the browsers themselves. Since the browsers are possibly utilizing it to do the spell check rather than implementing their own API (I know for a fact the current version of Edge does and they worked with Google to implement it in Chromium so possibly Chrome does as well.).

BTW Microsoft had Crappy (first generation) Edge before the current incarnation of (Chromium based) Edge, before that it was Internet Explorer.

OIC, clearly You have been infected with the Dan Quayle Virus; Spell Checkers Disabled. 😜

If you're having the same issue on every browser you've tried, perhaps a problem with your OS (i.e., Windows Spell Check API) rather than with the browsers themselves. Since the browsers are possibly utilizing it to do the spell check rather than implementing their own API (I know for a fact the current version of Edge does and they worked with Google to implement it in Chromium so possibly Chrome does as well.).

BTW Microsoft had Crappy (first generation) Edge before the current incarnation of (Chromium based) Edge, before that it was Internet Explorer.
no, i mean i have had many other browsers, i just didn't like them.

and i still come back to google.

i take an iron tablet every day, maybe that or all the metal in my backbone are like setting up a magnetic google field.>???

no, i mean i have had many other browsers, i just didn't like them.

and i still come back to google.

i take an iron tablet every day, maybe that or all the metal in my backbone are like setting up a magnetic google field.>???
OIC, you could always just uninstall Google Chrome (make sure you back up your Bookmarks first) and then re-install it, might be worth a shot. 🤷‍♂️

Of course, you'll have to re-install any Chrome extensions and/or themes that you use if you do that but sometimes that's a good thing to clean out the kludge of out of date and/or deprecated extensions.

OIC, you could always just uninstall Google Chrome (make sure you back up your Bookmarks first) and then re-install it, might be worth a shot. 🤷‍♂️

Of course, you'll have to re-install any Chrome extensions and/or themes that you use if you do that but sometimes that's a good thing to clean out the kludge of out of date and/or deprecated extensions.
that's a lotta work

easier to go down to the basement and make ammo.

Back