testtest

Monthly LGS Visit

It’s all perspective. An hour for me is just a trip across the Metroplex. My wife did that one way for work for years. To get to a quality gun shop - yes please.
For me it's a hour drive thru the White Sands Missile Range. If they are shooting off missiles for testing they block off the highway and you can wait up to one hour to have road re-opened. That can be a pain especially in 100 degree heat

Went to LGS that I used to work for today. I try to go at least once a month and wanted to go this week before he heads out to the shot show. Its a friendly store put prices have gone thru the roof there. The state minimum wage is now $12 a hour and he has raised prices on all of his guns. An example is an Sig P365 Macro, msrp $799, his price $949. All of his guns seem to be $75-$150 over msrp. He says he has to charge more to cover salaries. His business has slowed down and he can't understand why. He is the only full service gun store in the area and he also provides classes to get New Mexico CCW licenses, both new and renewal. Feel bad but I just can't afford to buy a gun there. I can get them $200-250 cheaper online with a $20 dollar transfer fee from another FFL. If you purchase a gun elsewhere and he can get it he charges a $100 transfer fee. I would love to keep a local business in business but this has become ridiculous. I just don't see me going there very often anymore. Has any of your LGS prices gone up?
Something to be said about the old saying……….
(Pricing your self out of business)

Went to LGS that I used to work for today. I try to go at least once a month and wanted to go this week before he heads out to the shot show. Its a friendly store put prices have gone thru the roof there. The state minimum wage is now $12 a hour and he has raised prices on all of his guns. An example is an Sig P365 Macro, msrp $799, his price $949. All of his guns seem to be $75-$150 over msrp. He says he has to charge more to cover salaries. His business has slowed down and he can't understand why. He is the only full service gun store in the area and he also provides classes to get New Mexico CCW licenses, both new and renewal. Feel bad but I just can't afford to buy a gun there. I can get them $200-250 cheaper online with a $20 dollar transfer fee from another FFL. If you purchase a gun elsewhere and he can get it he charges a $100 transfer fee. I would love to keep a local business in business but this has become ridiculous. I just don't see me going there very often anymore. Has any of your LGS prices gone up?
i go to the large LGS at least 4 times a month, sometimes more, when i am looking for primers, powder, and new ammo.

so far, since his place is large, and he is a distributor for many brands, his prices are still just below MSRP, unless it is a very popular gun, the full MSRP.

the other store i go to, i actually go there every morning to "shoot the breeze", with the guys, sometimes i get my lead bullets, and yes, i still buy reloads form him.

right now, he has a Sig 365 for under $700.

as for minimum wages?

my public range only pays the RSO's $14.00 per hour, and some of these guys, teach classes there too.

with the advent of higher wages (minimum) i can only see more local business cutting back on staff, maybe hours, and yes, raising prices.

I'm pretty fortunate that in my area there's at least 20 or more Firearms stores all within a 25 min drive. There's a ton more if I want to go a little further.

The amount of LGS in my area keeps most of these businesses pretty competitive with each other and then there's the occasional outlier that prices their stuff a little too high. These higher priced store are usually the ones that have the worst customer service also, where they make you feel like a criminal just walking in.

So, how did you function about 3 years ago or a hair more..................................
How did I function? Not really sure what you mean but if you ask my lady I function very well 🫢🤦‍♂️😵‍💫😂😂😂
around 3 years ago I was still buying ammunition, small parts, truck stuff and various household items online.
Now?
I’ve made the decision…….
Nope, no, nada, nothing.

Now that being said I did find a great LGS literally minutes from my apartment where I got my last gun and the owner told me if I needed anything he could get it for me.

How did I function? Not really sure what you mean but if you ask my lady I function very well 🫢🤦‍♂️😵‍💫😂😂😂
around 3 years ago I was still buying ammunition, small parts, truck stuff and various household items online.
Now?
I’ve made the decision…….
Nope, no, nada, nothing.

Now that being said I did find a great LGS literally minutes from my apartment where I got my last gun and the owner told me if I needed anything he could get it for me.
Function...........well the local stores were out of what you needed, so you did without what..........toilet paper, cleaning supplies, coffee, etc
and no this isn't Saturday morning cartoons about conjunctions what's your functions :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Function...........well the local stores were out of what you needed, so you did without what..........toilet paper, cleaning supplies, coffee, etc
and no this isn't Saturday morning cartoons about conjunctions what's your functions :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
When I do buy those items I buy in bulk from a local store.

As far as other bulk information that’s for a different type of forum. 🤭😊🤦‍♂️😂

No gun stores in my little town. I have to drive a 1/2 hour or more to go to a town that has pawn shops.

I like one particular pawn shop(Harlingen) because the young assistant managers treat me with a lot of respect.

Last week I visited a Hardware store that also sells firearms and their firearm prices were ridiculous. Back in the 1980s I used to buy firearms from them and their prices were reasonable but not anymore. I doubt I'll ever go in there again. The customer service was good in there but not for the ridiculous prices they were asking for their firearms.

Tomorrow, God willing, I'm planning on visiting the pawn shop I like since I have some errands to run nearby. It will be fun to see what they have...:)

There's a gun store I visited a few months ago about an hour away from where I live. Their prices weren't too bad. Many of the customers I saw in there were fellow veterans...:) I just don't like driving in that area because the traffic is so bad. Maybe I'll head out there early some Saturday morning when the traffic is not as bad as weekdays. They did have a big selection of firearms.

I'm at the point to where I don't need much anymore as far as firearms go, but I keep an open mind. And I haven't scratched the 6.5 Creedmoor itch yet. Most days I can ignore it...:)

Most of us know what a fair price for a firearm is. And when the price listed for a firearm is ridiculously high it makes me feel like they're waiting for somebody who doesn't know firearms to come in and buy. And that stuff doesn't sit well with me.

When I go to my favorite pawn shop I know that if I can show them that a firearm I like is priced a little high, they'll work with me. Plus I can put any firearm they have on layaway, which is a very nice option for a retired guy like me on a fixed income...:) Maybe that's why it's the first place I go when I want to look at firearms...:) I've bought 2 firearms from there and they know I'm not a "tire kicker"...:)

I also like to spread my money around, I’m done buying things; anything online.
If I can’t find it in a store I DON’T need it.
464FFA4B-320B-4935-BFF0-6AC4E8ECE500.gif

I also like to spread my money around, I’m done buying things; anything online.
If I can’t find it in a store I DON’T need it.
Man...I wish I could be that picky. .308 is $1.25/round best price locally....online I can get good range ammo for $.80/round. When you buy 500 at a pop...it makes a difference.

I haven't seen Garand .30-06 locally in years (except at 1 range that rents out an M1 and requires you buy their $2/round ammo). I can ONLY buy it online.

Alabama (pocket) holsters are not stocked or sold anywhere around me...but I can get them online.

If you want to get more domestic, try finding a heating element for your specific oven, or even a clothes dryer that's 15 years old in your area. Cannot be done. Online for some things is the ONLY option....unless you like to "order it" from your local outfit, who then pays what you could have paid, marks it up 40%+ freight and sells it to you.

I guess I don't need an oven or clothes dryer....I could go to the coin-op laundry and buy a new oven every 10 years...but why would I do that?

Sorry for taking this to an extreme...but everything above was searched for, ad naseum, locally by me in the last few years....online makes too much sense for some (maybe a lot of) things.

I do my business at my LGS only, I don’t do online purchases, I want to actually handle the gun before I buy, online, once you place your order it’s yours, but to each there own, my shops prices are about the same, some guns that are in high demand may be somewhat higher, but my shop will match any online price.
Since last summer my LGS has started competitive pricing again and will match or get close to your online price.

Man...I wish I could be that picky. .308 is $1.25/round best price locally....online I can get good range ammo for $.80/round. When you buy 500 at a pop...it makes a difference.

I haven't seen Garand .30-06 locally in years (except at 1 range that rents out an M1 and requires you buy their $2/round ammo). I can ONLY buy it online.

Alabama (pocket) holsters are not stocked or sold anywhere around me...but I can get them online.

If you want to get more domestic, try finding a heating element for your specific oven, or even a clothes dryer that's 15 years old in your area. Cannot be done. Online for some things is the ONLY option....unless you like to "order it" from your local outfit, who then pays what you could have paid, marks it up 40%+ freight and sells it to you.

I guess I don't need an oven or clothes dryer....I could go to the coin-op laundry and buy a new oven every 10 years...but why would I do that?

Sorry for taking this to an extreme...but everything above was searched for, ad naseum, locally by me in the last few years....online makes too much sense for some (maybe a lot of) things.
It has nothing to do with being picky, I’m just done worrying about the shipping issues I’ve been dealing with so I’d rather but what I need from a brick and mortar store.
As far as appliances I live in an appliance supplied apartment complex so if something breaks it’s fixed without me worrying about it.
As far as ammunition I don’t shoot thousands of rounds a month and I pick up a box or two for every caliber I have when I stop at my local LGS’s to use the range or just look at new guns.
I will NEVER buy a gun online.

With my new truck coming soon and then will be shopping to buy a higher end camper then I owned originally my plan is go fully mobile in the next year so I won’t have a (location) to have something shipped to.

Back