testtest

more 1st timer gun buyers..??

Old_Me

Ronin
i don't know if i asked this question previously or not.

i was at the mom/pop LGS, and when there is a lull in activity, the manager goes out for a smoke.

so there are 3 of us, outside, and we shoot the breeze. (he smokes, we get second hand lung cancer)

i asked if there was an "uptick" in Blue Card testing...(the blue card, if you pass the written test), the state mails you that blue card, which then allows you to buy a gun here.

manager said, "oh christ, i have passed out like 3 dozen tests in the past 2 weeks"

"wow" i said, "they giving you any special reason why now they wanna buy guns"?

"nope", he says.

i said i hope this means now that MORE people will get involved with what's going on here regarding all the anti-2A lawmakers taking our rights away.

so, have any of you seen any new people at your LGS's getting thier first gun, either new or used..????

as it is, some newspaper office in some other state got raided recently.....

1st amendment violations on freedom of speech, going on there..???

Blue card? no such thing here. go in store pay for gun. fill out computerized form walk out with gun. No card needed. hardest thing is deciding if i should check the non binary box on the form. but i do see new buyers when i go in.
well, when one lives in an anti 2 A state, those fools at the state capitol make arcane rules, laws and anything else that floats thier boats.

it's in all reality a "gun safety course", that all one does is read a booklet, then take a written test.

long before this deal...one HAD to go in person and sit down in a classroom, and watch videos, then take a test, on what you learnted.

Danger from second hand ( and 3rd hand for that matter) smoke are complete BS dreamed up by lawyers and researchers looking to get paid from the “big tobacco” settlements.
the company i once worked for, Highway Express out of Richmond, VA, cigs were the #1 load, along with #2 liquor and spirits out of Bardstown, KY.

even when the cig companies got sued, we had so much freight coming up north.

it just never stopped or slowed down.

I see a lot of first time female buyers lately in the local gun shops. (I live In Pa.) Every once in a while I get asked by the shop owners if I'm running any classes that they get a lot of people lately who wanna learn. I had to cut back a little teaching but it does make me happy that a lot of new buyers are seeking out training. Also, no 'Blue" cards in Pennsylvania. Walk into a shop, decide what you want pass the background check, pay for your purchase and leave with your new or used acquisition. And I did see the non-binary block but even as a joke I'd never check it. Why give them anything to deny a lawful purchase. Just my two cents....

well, when one lives in an anti 2 A state, those fools at the state capitol make arcane rules, laws and anything else that floats thier boats.

it's in all reality a "gun safety course", that all one does is read a booklet, then take a written test.

long before this deal...one HAD to go in person and sit down in a classroom, and watch videos, then take a test, on what you learnted.
You should have to go through Illinois's B.S. Apply for a FOID card , wait for at least a month and sometimes as many as 3 months. After you get your card you can go buy a firearm . If you pick out a firearm , handgun , shotgun , or rifle , you get to fill out the federal form and then wait 3 days for approval.

Even with a concealed carry license you still put in the wait. :mad:

In Ohio you don’t need permission from the state in the form of a card to exercise your 2nd amendment rights, you just need a ID, drivers license or CCW permit, be 18 for a rifle or 21 to get a handgun. Having to have a card saying you can buy a gun to me is asinine, glad I live in Ohio and not some other states that require those

You should have to go through Illinois's B.S. Apply for a FOID card , wait for at least a month and sometimes as many as 3 months. After you get your card you can go buy a firearm . If you pick out a firearm , handgun , shotgun , or rifle , you get to fill out the federal form and then wait 3 days for approval.

well here, unless one has the ccw, there is an 8 day waiting period, after you fill out the 4473.

when the covid pandemic came along, police chiefs were basically screaming at the then gubbner to extend that waiting time to "up to" 30 days, as way too many people were buying guns, this also goes along with all the rioting going on as well.....

but have a ccw..here.....??

buy and walk out.

i just did some checking on that FOID card.....

in a basic sort of way, it's just a rehash of some of the 4473 questions, then you get to have your pretty face attached to the card.

but, as our Blue Card here (without a photo attached), if you don't have it, you ain't buying a gun, or ammo now as well.

however, once a person (here) obtains a ccw, the Blue Card, is not used anymore, but all the more important still, keep it in the wallet.

I have noticed on the news that some videos of “protests” show quite a few guns in the hands of so called protestors. I like it that gun sales continue to perk along nicely, but I kind of dread the next series of protests changing to rioting.

Back