testtest

More BS from UPS ?

Bassbob

Emissary
I got this email from Top Gun Ammo this morning. It doesn't effect me personally as I have received all my shipments from them.

"
Dear valued customers,
I hope this message finds you well, albeit I wish it were under better circumstances. We are currently experiencing a severe disruption with our UPS account, specifically affecting orders numbered 46000-47000. If you have not received live tracking on your package, this pertains to you.
The lack of answers and accountability from UPS is not just disappointing but infuriating. Despite our relentless pursuit for explanations, reaching anyone willing to provide even a semblance of an explanation has been an exercise in futility.
Let me be abundantly clear: this is not how we conduct business. We pride ourselves on prioritizing customer service above all else. Yet, when faced with the bureaucratic behemoth that is UPS, it seems benefit of the doubt inevitably tilts in their favor simply due to their longevity.
Your packages were shipped precisely as indicated by your account and emails. However, they've been needlessly held hostage at the origin hub without a shred of justification. It took escalating our complaints to every level of supervisor just to coerce them into releasing your packages back into our possession yesterday.
I implore each of you to join us in expressing your discontent. Perhaps an onslaught of outraged calls from hundreds of customers will finally drive home the severity of UPS's actions. You can reach them at (877) 289-6418.
Despite promises of resolution, we remain in the dark. Full refunds are at your discretion, but we earnestly request refraining from issuing chargebacks as it only serves to complicate matters further.
We are profoundly sorry for UPS's egregious behavior and for our inability to provide prompt answers. Rest assured, we will continue to press for accountability until this matter is resolved satisfactorily.
At this juncture, we have opened an account with FedEx and will be shipping all packages affected starting today, unless expressly canceled by the customer. We extend our sincere appreciation for your patience and understanding throughout this challenging ordeal and can only hope that the actions of UPS have not affected your opinion of our company.

Sincerely,
Top Gun Ammo"

They started that stuff a while back. anything from a gun store they was going to hold or destroy. used to be all you seen was UPS trucks around here, now mostly FEDx and Amazon. their wokeness is going to kill them most likely. amazing how stupid people can be to take a company and destroy it. i had to send My Tisas gun back by them and they won't even take a gun at any UPS store.so the gun shop told me to bring it to them and they would ship it for me by them.

I got this email from Top Gun Ammo this morning. It doesn't effect me personally as I have received all my shipments from them.

"
Dear valued customers,
I hope this message finds you well, albeit I wish it were under better circumstances. We are currently experiencing a severe disruption with our UPS account, specifically affecting orders numbered 46000-47000. If you have not received live tracking on your package, this pertains to you.
The lack of answers and accountability from UPS is not just disappointing but infuriating. Despite our relentless pursuit for explanations, reaching anyone willing to provide even a semblance of an explanation has been an exercise in futility.
Let me be abundantly clear: this is not how we conduct business. We pride ourselves on prioritizing customer service above all else. Yet, when faced with the bureaucratic behemoth that is UPS, it seems benefit of the doubt inevitably tilts in their favor simply due to their longevity.
Your packages were shipped precisely as indicated by your account and emails. However, they've been needlessly held hostage at the origin hub without a shred of justification. It took escalating our complaints to every level of supervisor just to coerce them into releasing your packages back into our possession yesterday.
I implore each of you to join us in expressing your discontent. Perhaps an onslaught of outraged calls from hundreds of customers will finally drive home the severity of UPS's actions. You can reach them at (877) 289-6418.
Despite promises of resolution, we remain in the dark. Full refunds are at your discretion, but we earnestly request refraining from issuing chargebacks as it only serves to complicate matters further.
We are profoundly sorry for UPS's egregious behavior and for our inability to provide prompt answers. Rest assured, we will continue to press for accountability until this matter is resolved satisfactorily.
At this juncture, we have opened an account with FedEx and will be shipping all packages affected starting today, unless expressly canceled by the customer. We extend our sincere appreciation for your patience and understanding throughout this challenging ordeal and can only hope that the actions of UPS have not affected your opinion of our company.

Sincerely,
Top Gun Ammo"
Wow! I never get anything shipped by UPS since this crap started awhile back, I now use FedX, if not, then I don’t buy, this is just a way this current administration is working with businesses to further there anti 2nd amendment crap, now I guess if you have a certain bank CC, there also tracking your purchases, current climate is bad anymore

I've not had any issues with UPS. And every single time, almost without exception, that I have something shipped via USPS it is a goat hump. That is because it all gets routed through the downtown St. Louis post office and I know for a fact all the women in the sorting room ( which has no windows or any way for them to be monitored) sit around in there all day talking on they sale fones.

"
Dear valued customers,

Sincerely,
Top Gun Ammo"
I got something similar from them AFTER I got my shipment from them. I guess I have been lucky, nearly all of my gun purchases have gone though UPS with no issues. I even sold one and had to ship it UPS and they took it no problem. I do get it though. I was having issues with FedEx for a while, nothing gun related though, but things have gotten better. I wonder if it's a regional thing? USPS seems to bite everywhere, they are definitely consistent.

I deal with a few gun related companies exclusively and haven't had any issues (yet).

The problem with USPS is that they are now hiring the bottom of the barrel, the worst of the worst. When you do that, that's what you get for service! Crap = crap, no matter how you look at it.
We are having terrible time in central Va with the postal service. To make matters worst thieves are stealing mail out of residental mail boxes, and breaking into the big blue boxes in front of local post offices.

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/mail-issues-dec-6-2023

The last gun I shipped with UPS I dropped the package off at a Staples. They didn't ask and I didn't tell and it went thru without any issues. I'm sure if I had brought it to UPS building there might be a problem
This still makes me wonder if it is a regional thing. The UPS stores, drop off centers here (in North Dakota anyway, not MN) have signs up stating what is restricted - alcohol, ammunition, firearms, certain electronic equipment being mentioned. I just told them I was shipping a firearm (this one I sold), and they recorded it and away it went. No harm, no foul.

USPS ain't no better. I bought an item from a guy at the other end of my state. He shipped it USPS. It made 3-5 stops in 7 different cities before it finally made it to me. When it did finally show up, it was a total surprise after 32 days. To this day tracking shows it "In Transit". 🤬

Anymore when I order anything that comes "free shipping" it usually means UPS is who the vendor uses. I tell the vendor I won't order if they use UPS. I've had to many packages sit for days with no movement and no tracking updates. One package took 21 days to get to me because UPS failed to take it from the hub 80 miles away to my local hub. It evidently went on some circuitous route that UPS didn't even track. In that time period, the vendor shipped a replacement which I received in the usual 4 days.

If you try to contact UPS, you get a "non human virtual assistant" which is worthless. You might get a live customer service rep if you're patient. The USPO does better than UPS with updates.

My advice is pay extra to get another manner of shipping...or buy local and help UPS lose business.

Last edited:
says right here in this UPS letter, the MUST enter into an agreement with UPS

Shipping Firearm Products​

Definitions:
“Firearm” will have the same definition as set forth in Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53, of the United States Code.
“Firearm Part” is any part or component of a Firearm that does not by itself meet the definition of a “Firearm.” By way of example only, Firearm Parts include, but are not limited to, barrels, stocks, grips, firing pins, sights, and magazines/clips.

“Firearm Products” means Firearms and Firearm Parts. The term Firearm Product does not include scopes.
UPS accepts packages containing Firearm Products for shipment only as a contractual service and only from Shippers who are licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code) to authorized recipients, as outlined in the approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

To transport packages containing Firearm Products, the Shipper must enter into an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing Firearms or Firearm Parts complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions. All Firearms and Firearm Parts shipments must also conform to the terms, conditions, restrictions, and prohibitions set forth on this page at the time of shipping, in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service and UPS Rate and Service Guide in effect at the time of shipping, and in the approved UPS Firearm Products agreement.

Anymore when I order anything that comes "free shipping" it usually means UPS is who the vendor uses. I tell the vendor I won't order if they use UPS. I've had to many packages sit for days with no movement and no tracking updates. One package took 21 days to get to me because UPS failed to take it from the hub 80 miles away to my local hub. It evidently went on some circuitous route that UPS didn't even track. In that time period, the vendor shipped a replacement which I received in the usual 4 days.

If you try to contact UPS, you get a "non human virtual assistant" which is worthless. You might get a live customer service rep if you're patient. The USPO does better than UPS with updates.

My advice is pay extra to get another manner of shipping...or buy local and help UPS lose business.
In my experience free shipping usually means USPS.

Back