testtest

More great News

N

nmedge

Of course summer season in New Mexico can be brutal. It is in the 100's for a few weeks. This does a job on air conditioner units! My current HVAC is a carrier and is 22 year old. Today it finally told me enough is enough. It will have to be replaced. Local HVAC company came out and said its time. They have repaired it to keep it going until they can come to replace it. Did not go with Carrier this time my guy suggests a York system. They will replace heater also as it is 22 years old also. Just wish it would have come at a better time but what can you do. Sometimes warmer temps are not a good thing!

I got similar bad news today. Not air conditioner related, but my truck which I spent 3 days under replacing upper and lower control arms, ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings, steering knuckle, brake lines and a few other things last week is currently in the shop and in order to get it to pass inspection it's going to need $1600 worth of additional work. Stuff I can't do. Cat converter, rack and pinion, alignment, inspection.

I guess the good news for you is that with any luck you'll never have to worry about replacing your AC/furnace again.

I got similar bad news today. Not air conditioner related, but my truck which I spent 3 days under replacing upper and lower control arms, ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings, steering knuckle, brake lines and a few other things last week is currently in the shop and in order to get it to pass inspection it's going to need $1600 worth of additional work. Stuff I can't do. Cat converter, rack and pinion, alignment, inspection.

I guess the good news for you is that with any luck you'll never have to worry about replacing your AC/furnace again.
You're lucky a get 14 years out of a heatpump. At my current age if I have to replace them again it will be my last time.

I feel your pain. Thought my transmission had finally given up the ghost at 190,000 miles. Luckily, it was just a Relay. Still have to change the fluid and filters on it. Just replaced the knock sensors, and will be doing the oilpan gasket, then the fuel pump. I've done most of the work on my truck. 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 4.7. Paid $27,000 out the door for it in 2005. Now, you can't touch one with a V6 for under $40,000. I will keep my old warrior running. New motor when this one goes. I can upgrade to the Hemi. Maybe sweet talk my wife into $20,000 for the Helliphant motor. 426 Supercharged. Grunt, grunt, grunt! More Power!

I feel your pain. Thought my transmission had finally given up the ghost at 190,000 miles. Luckily, it was just a Relay. Still have to change the fluid and filters on it. Just replaced the knock sensors, and will be doing the oilpan gasket, then the fuel pump. I've done most of the work on my truck. 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 4.7. Paid $27,000 out the door for it in 2005. Now, you can't touch one with a V6 for under $40,000. I will keep my old warrior running. New motor when this one goes. I can upgrade to the Hemi. Maybe sweet talk my wife into $20,000 for the Helliphant motor. 426 Supercharged. Grunt, grunt, grunt! More Power!
I would like to hear that conversation…..🤔🤔

Mine is a 2005 Ram 1500 SLT with the Hemi. And a performance chip. And the day it came home from the dealership the mufflers were removed. It's very loud and very fast. And gets 9 MPG.

Mine is a 2005 Ram 1500 SLT with the Hemi. And a performance chip. And the day it came home from the dealership the mufflers were removed. It's very loud and very fast. And gets 9 MPG.
Mine has a computer program, headers, air intake, throttle body spacer, catback exhaust and I average 13 mpg city.
My truck has paid for itself many times over. I just cannot see myself paying what they want for a vehicle now. And the seats are very comfortable, especially for long trips. And it has never failed me.

Mine has a computer program, headers, air intake, throttle body spacer, catback exhaust and I average 13 mpg city.
My truck has paid for itself many times over. I just cannot see myself paying what they want for a vehicle now. And the seats are very comfortable, especially for long trips. And it has never failed me.
Same. I ain't planning on buying a new truck. I have a 2003 GMC Sierra with a fuel injected 327 and about 100k miles on it. Truck is flawless. When this one gives up the ghost I'll get that one out of storage and drive it until I die.

Of course summer season in New Mexico can be brutal. It is in the 100's for a few weeks. This does a job on air conditioner units! My current HVAC is a carrier and is 22 year old. Today it finally told me enough is enough. It will have to be replaced. Local HVAC company came out and said its time. They have repaired it to keep it going until they can come to replace it. Did not go with Carrier this time my guy suggests a York system. They will replace heater also as it is 22 years old also. Just wish it would have come at a better time but what can you do. Sometimes warmer temps are not a good thing!
Good news is you got 22 yrs
Most people get 1/2 that

I would like to hear that conversation…..🤔🤔
Well, we had that conversation about 9 years ago. Before the big Hemi. She said that with what they wanted for a truck, I would keep this running. I said "so, if the motor goes in it, I will replace it?" She said "yes you will". My response "remember you said that". Now, with the price of a new truck today? Realistically, the Hemi will work just fine.

Well, we had that conversation about 9 years ago. Before the big Hemi. She said that with what they wanted for a truck, I would keep this running. I said "so, if the motor goes in it, I will replace it?" She said "yes you will". My response "remember you said that". Now, with the price of a new truck today? Realistically, the Hemi will work just fine.
They're good motors. Mine is at 190 and still running strong.

I worked in a steel shop in Phoenix when it hit 122. Lost a lot of brain cells that day. The wife was sitting on the front stoop when I got home cause the air conditioner quit. Our service guy actually came within a few hours and got it going again. Eventually replaced the a/c, furnace and all lines. About $2,700. Saved us a $100 a month in electricity. The a/c was so old, the parts weren't listed in the service books.
Today we live further south and have a swamp cooler. I dread the coming monsoon when it doesn't work so well.
I can't fathom what new a/c costs, let alone having 2 units. Some of the electric bills I hear about rival my mortgage.

I'm in the process of finishing up the bonus room that's above the garage.
Had a Lennox mini split unit installed. Haven't run it yet but they are supposed to be very efficient. Need to get the drywall primed and we will fire it up.

Attachments

• IMG_20220902_151703960.jpg
    IMG_20220902_151703960.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20230614_152511974.jpg
    IMG_20230614_152511974.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20230524_081730119.jpg
    IMG_20230524_081730119.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
Back