testtest

More teen mob violence.

Just for the record, I did 3 tours in Southeast Asia. Neither I nor anyone I knew witnessed anyone spitting on or otherwise assaulting returning service members from Vietnam. If it had occurred there would have been a reckoning right there. A lot of the protestors were veterans, and many others were just cowards. The cowardice of our politicians was another matter.

Just for the record, I did 3 tours in Southeast Asia. Neither I nor anyone I knew witnessed anyone spitting on or otherwise assaulting returning service members from Vietnam. If it had occurred there would have been a reckoning right there. A lot of the protestors were veterans, and many others were just cowards. The cowardice of our politicians was another matter.
Did you fly back on service flights or commercial airlines?
The San Francisco commercial airport, on commercial flights, is where the protests I referred to happened.

I have heard many a lefty make the claim that stuff never actually happened. Problem with that is I know at least 2 Vietnam vets it absolutely did happen to. I also know a guy who had a similar reaction when he got back from the first gulf war. So while it may not have been as widespread as some believe, it absolutely happened.

When Jerry Cantrell's dad heard the song he wrote about him for the first time, he cried. When Jerry asked him what was wrong his reply was that the song was pretty much dead on.

If you're not a fan of great music, you can turn the volume down and read the lyrics.

What will happen when those Marines get back to base and tell Gunny Highway what happened. I can see Marines going there in Platoon strength in the future
Yes sir. I was a Marine stationed (permanent personnel on MCRD in San Diego, '78-'79). We were at Mission Beach on a Sunday afternoon and had a problem with some bikers. We held our own and didn't get banged up too badly. Marines in Camp Pendleton heard about it and came down to help out the fellow Marines from San Diego. It got to the point where the San Diego Police Department had to put extra officers on patrol out there because of the trouble. Things eventually calmed down.

Tijuana Mexico Police Officers(many of them corrupt) knew better than to mess with Marines when we were in a group. I "dis-remember" going down to "TJ" for some fun with some fellow Marines on a few occasions.

Point here is, that usually if a Marine gets drunk and gets his ass kicked because he was looking for trouble then it's usually a lesson for that Marine. But when a Marine(s) gets jumped by a group the word spreads on the base like wildfire.

Back in my day, many Marines were known to rough house around the barracks. When you gave them a reason to go out and back up fellow Marines, you usually didn't have to ask them twice.

Had a joint assignment with the Navy and Marines in San Diego in the early 90s after the Gulf War. Things like this are why Camp Pendleton will not close down if SD has any say about it, because it provides a buffer zone between SD and LA. They even had an organization called PLAN which stood for Prevent Los Anglesization (sp?). It is surprising though this occurred in San Clemente. Seems the thugs are getting closer and closer.

Fox reporting that 9 of the punks have been arrested. Sheriff did a presser yesterday and it was obvious he was angry. Said they would charge them with assault with a deadly weapon. LE really needs to come down hard on these rampaging packs.
From what I’ve seen on local media outlets 5 charged with felony assault and will most likely be released to their worthless parents who are the cause of this behavior to begin with.

Reprehensible behavior.

I am hoping the sheriff brings a full court press down on these packs of thugs and keeps the pressure on. Zero tolerance enforcement for any and all infractions for a month or two will get the message across. There is incentive to crush this behavior in a tourist area.

Back