testtest

More Trouble Than I'm Worth

As I indicated above in the title line, I suppose that I'm far more trouble than I'm worth (just ask my dear wife). I'm sitting here crying great big tears because I haven't recieved my highly valued Springtime edition of The Armory Life Magazine. Oh yes, I suppose that I can continue with the online edition, but it's just not the same. By the by . . . my CC is my Hellcat while my target shooter is my very special Garrison 1911, 9. It's Blued and so am I until I can find out where my Armory Life Magazine is. Thanks for putting up with me, Orvil Hazelton, Aguanga, California.

and here i am, emailing them to stop sending me that advertisement catalog of BS.

more ads than substance.

as soon as it comes here.??

into the recycling bin...

but even the recycling driver is complaining about the magazine's weight, compared to all my other recyclables.

You're kinda like Marvin the robot. @SimonRL, isn't he kinda like Marvin the robot ?
png-clipart-marvin-the-hitchhiker-s-guide-to-the-galaxy-robby-the-robot-paranoid-android-others-miscellaneous-sports-equipment.png

Well, my friends, I meant it as a friendly "bitch". Sure, I can read my magazine online, I just strongly prefer to hold that glossy paper in my hands. I hope that the Springfield Armory makes enough dollars to continue printing this valuable magazine for us. My wife sorta allows me about one new gun a year. This year's is my special Garrison 1911 9ml. Reminds me of what we carried back in 'Nam. Next year's goal is that new M1 they've brought out. I probably won't get to shoot that one much at my age, but dadgummit I just need it. Orv.

Well, my friends, I meant it as a friendly "bitch". Sure, I can read my magazine online, I just strongly prefer to hold that glossy paper in my hands. I hope that the Springfield Armory makes enough dollars to continue printing this valuable magazine for us. My wife sorta allows me about one new gun a year. This year's is my special Garrison 1911 9ml. Reminds me of what we carried back in 'Nam. Next year's goal is that new M1 they've brought out. I probably won't get to shoot that one much at my age, but dadgummit I just need it. Orv.
Hey Hoppalong Doc , you any relation to that Hoppalong Cassidy guy that rode a white horse? :unsure:
;)

i know what you mean. it's kinda hard to sit on the toilet with my desktop on my lap...........a newspaper or magazine are so much better, then all that weight of the 'puter.....as i poop along

I’m going to have to send him a complimentary subscription to Combat Handguns.
Combat Handguns was Da Shizznit back in the '80s. Now, I don't seek it out, but I'll buy it if I see it at Walmart just to have something to read in the checkout line. I'm lucky if I can find 20 minutes of stuff to read in it when I get it home.

True story: I was a HUGE fan of Shooting Times back in the '70s (the Skeeter Skelton era). Drifted out of interest in guns and gun rags in the early '80s, found my way back around 1985 or '86. By then Shooting Times had drifted downhill. I finally quit reading them forever around 1989 over their insistence on misusing, EVERY SINGLE MONTH, the word "penultimate." :oops: :rolleyes: I haven't read a single issue again to this day.

I enjoy them.

For Marvin the robot, the doors being polite and trying to make your entry through them a pleasant experience only makes him hate them even more. And he's convinced they ( and everyone else) hates him too.

Yes I'm currently on a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trip. Blame Simon and Hans.

The thread title is VERY Marvin the robot.

Back