testtest

More Trouble Than I'm Worth

Combat Handguns was Da Shizznit back in the '80s. Now, I don't seek it out, but I'll buy it if I see it at Walmart just to have something to read in the checkout line. I'm lucky if I can find 20 minutes of stuff to read in it when I get it home.

True story: I was a HUGE fan of Shooting Times back in the '70s (the Skeeter Skelton era). Drifted out of interest in guns and gun rags in the early '80s, found my way back around 1985 or '86. By then Shooting Times had drifted downhill. I finally quit reading them forever around 1989 over their insistence on misusing, EVERY SINGLE MONTH, the word "penultimate." :oops: :rolleyes: I haven't read a single issue again to this day.
I do agre that it’s pretty lightweight, but in every issue I read about something I just bought or would think about.

I've taken it a step further and purged my life of most people period, for exactly the same reason.
I've gone the other way.

I've been a Cranky Loner most of my life. On another forum, my sig line is "Social Distancing since 1954." But I've been getting out and doing things and meeting people for about 4 months now, and guess what? Most of 'em are actually pretty nice. And they seem to like me, too.

I've taken it a step further and purged my life of most people period, for exactly the same reason.
The Pandemic pretty much finished me on people.
I've gone the other way.

I've been a Cranky Loner most of my life. On another forum, my sig line is "Social Distancing since 1954." But I've been getting out and doing things and meeting people for about 4 months now, and guess what? Most of 'em are actually pretty nice. And they seem to like me, too.
I’m glad to hear that. Too many people, myself included, are just fed up with people. You can be our role model.

I’m glad to hear that. Too many people, myself included, are just fed up with people. You can be our role model.
I remember 20 or 30 years ago, Damon Wayans was on Letterman, and Letterman asked him, "Are you a People Person? Do you like people?"

And Wayans said, after a moment's thought, "Well, I like the concept of people," which I always thought was a great line, and have quoted often.

Since about Easter, I've been getting involved with a new church, and everybody I've met though that has been Good People. In fact, the week of July 10-14 I spent working as a volunteer at the .22 riflery range at their kids' camp. It was a fabulous experience and I can hardly wait to do it again next year.

I remember 20 or 30 years ago, Damon Wayans was on Letterman, and Letterman asked him, "Are you a People Person? Do you like people?"
i am a "people person" as well.......

just from afar.

i don't wanna get too close, then they will like me, then they will wanna ask me for favors, ask me for money, maybe even ask me to father a child for them....

christ..........i'm starting to dislike them all over again.

True story: I was a HUGE fan of Shooting Times back in the '70s (the Skeeter Skelton era). Drifted out of interest in guns and gun rags in the early '80s, found my way back around 1985 or '86. By then Shooting Times had drifted downhill. I finally quit reading them forever.
Bought a 1 year subscription just to see what it was all about. Found 30% long guns and shotguns (I only have a Targetmaster Model 41 that was gifted to me). Another 30% was reloading (I do not now or even want to reload) and the other 10% was what I was interested in -- pistols. The remaining 30% was advertisements.

Since my last issue, must have received a double handful of 'hey, we want you back' snail mail, asking more for a 1 year than I paid on my own. If they would just send a postage paid envelope, I'd tell them I don't want their product -- I'm not spending postage for that.

Back