testtest

Morning tea, watching it snow

Sld1959

Hellcat
Just sitting back drinking my morning tea, not a coffee drinker, watching it snow this morning. Thinking about the day to come. Obviously will do some shoveling here and at my mother's. Then having Christmas with all the nephews family at moms. Tomorrow it's down to the daughter's house for yuletide with them. Then I guess large Christmas celebrations are over for another year.

How is everyone this fine morning.

20211218_080540.jpg

Last edited:
No snow here currently. Just wet and cold. I work Monday and Tuesday and then I am off until January 3. So two more days and then I'll get excited about Christmas break. Worse thing is the job I have to do Monday is installing a 2" IP gas service to a car wash that's being built. I was there 2 months ago but the guy didn't want us in there yet. So he calls last week and I go over there Thursday. Not only is it a mud pit ( new construction blows), but the reason he blew me off 2 months ago is because he wanted to get his sanitary and roof drains in. Then the CS puts them in about 2' deep. The fiber is about 18" deep too. So instead of me cutting comfortably at about 36" I get to dig, in mud, over a bunch of pipe and fiber lines at about 18" very gingerly.

Anyway, I'm not looking forward to my last 2 work days of the year so no real relaxing for me this weekend. It's not really too cold to go to the range, but thanks to a hiccup in my heating plans it is too cold to go out into the shop to clean my guns so I guess I'll spend my Saturday drinking Belgian ale. Then tomorrow some of my relatives from the "Nations" in Muskogee have decided that they want a little Christmas vacation in St. Louis. And I thought Indians were supposed to be smart. Of course my folks ( mom is 79 and dad is 81 and about to have surgery on the 28th to put yet another stent in his one, non clogged carotid artery) have decided they want to visit with them. Their college aged daughter being the genius that she is has planned the whole adventure. The arch, the zoo, the city museum, the ferris wheel and aquarium and renting them a house in the city. If they'd have bothered to call I could have gotten them a place to stay in the county, but noooo. So rather than having my elderly, dingbat mother driving them up into the south side I will play chauffeur and get them safely in and out of the city tomorrow after church. Might sound innocuous to the uninitiated, but us that live here know better. This is St. Louis man. Old people wandering around a very violent city they don't know or no longer recognize is just asking for it.

I sure wish I was kicking back with a nice cup of tea and watching the snow this weekend. :)

plans it is too cold to go out into the shop to clean my guns so I guess I'll spend my Saturday drinking Belgian ale. Then tomorrow some of my relatives from the "Nations" in Muskogee have decided that they want a little Christmas vacation in St. Louis.
Sounds like a busy few days. You will earn your rest. Enjoy...

Being semi retired I am glad most of my hectic rough days are in the rear view... about the worst thing at work these days is having to drive avery large ice skate in snow. Try a bus, lol that statement will become abundantly clear.

Sounds like a busy few days. You will earn your rest. Enjoy...

Being semi retired I am glad most of my hectic rough days are in the rear view... about the worst thing at work these days is having to drive avery large ice skate in snow. Try a bus, lol that statement will become abundantly clear.
I can relate. I get to drive a Freightliner Business Class M2, pulling a float with an excavator on it around all winter.

Finishing up my morning coffee, temp started at 60 but rain moving in and temps dropping into the 40’s this afternoon. I’d love to see snow but people here in Louisville drive bad enough so snow means people will lose their minds and kill themselves and others.

Not a coffee drinker here either. I love hot tea though. Usually use my tax refund to make a big order from China for big mylar bags of loose leaf.
I don't like black tea, I do like greens, oolong and jasmine so I usually buy pounds of each.

Here in central Illinois it's just misting and about 50°. Not expecting any snow.

Just sitting back drinking my morning tea, not a coffee drinker, watching it snow this morning. Thinking about the day to come. Obviously will do some shoveling here and at my mother's. Then having Christmas with all the nephews family at moms. Tomorrow it's down to the daughter's house for yuletide with them. Then I guess large Christmas celebrations are over for another year.

How is everyone this fine morning.

View attachment 23177
I am fine down here in “old Caroline” thankee very much !
But now wishing I was on that back porch (?) seeing all that snow :)
About all we get is drizzle anymore, Lol.

Finishing up my morning coffee, temp started at 60 but rain moving in and temps dropping into the 40’s this afternoon. I’d love to see snow but people here in Louisville drive bad enough so snow means people will lose their minds and kill themselves and others.

Not a coffee drinker here either. I love hot tea though. Usually use my tax refund to make a big order from China for big mylar bags of loose leaf.
I don't like black tea, I do like greens, oolong and jasmine so I usually buy pounds of each.

Here in central Illinois it's just misting and about 50°. Not expecting any snow.
I grew up in Springfield. I recall snow so deep there they had to bring dozers and front end loaders to clear the roads. I don't think I could deal with that any more

Back