testtest

Most Common Reason to Switch EDC?

I only have 1 EDC, the Hellcat. I dress to conceal, mostly. What is concealed? I dont open carry OWB but sometimes my butt sticks out. Of my pistol. I changed my EDC from 40 Shield to the Hellcat because it was new and smaller.
I will probably change when something new and sexier comes out. I would like to go to a full size 45 but they are harder to conceal.

I am considering a 45 shield.
I have a .45 ACP Shield in my EDC rotation. Very easy to conceal and it's very accurate, great EDC weapon. I have the older model, the original .45 Shield.

My EDC is a Sig P239 in 9mm since 1999. I chose it because I carried a P228 on duty, so they both work the same. I'm no longer "on duty," so I could carry something more up to date. The P239 is now out of production, and there are many options which are smaller, lighter, and have greater capacity, but none of the advantages are so overwhelming that I feel the need to change. The bad guys can carry whatever they want. They don't want to go up against me and my "old fashioned" pistol.

^ I align with this, too. I realized about a decade or so ago, as I started to bridge between beginner and intermediate-level training classes, that "almost the same" performance is by-definition not *exactly the same."

Until that time, I'd been using my 4.5-inch XDm9 in almost all of the handgun training classes I'd attended, but as that particular class resumed from our lunch break, I had decided to swap-out to my EDC - a 3.8 Compact in the same caliber - and I immediately noticed that I was behind the 8-ball. We shot several timed metrics, often under stress, and while I wasn't failing, I also wasn't scoring the same (at a glance, I honestly thought that I was out of the bell-curve).

So I went home and bought another 3.8 Compact for use as a training beater. 😅

Upon reflection, I realized that not being an armed professional and with my lifestyle the way it was (and still is) my training time was very limited, so I had to find a way hike myself up on the power-curve as much as I could. Devoting myself to "just one gun" was the same in mind mind as going by that old wisdom of "practic[ing] one kick ten thousand times."

I very, very, very rarely carry anything but my XDm9 3.8 Compact, and I have a carbon copy (well, all except the cosmetics, so that I can tell the two apart at-a-glance ;) ) of it which I use as my training/range beater.

As a result of the earnest practice of rounds-downrange and hours of dry-fire, I don't feel particularly "under-gunned" when I am using that 3.8 Compact. From contact to 50 yards, I'm very confident in the skills I've worked on. Instead, whenever I have the full-size gun in my hands, I feel as though I'd just been handed a cheat-code for the game. 🤩

My EDC is a Sig P239 in 9mm since 1999. I chose it because I carried a P228 on duty, so they both work the same. I'm no longer "on duty," so I could carry something more up to date. The P239 is now out of production, and there are many options which are smaller, lighter, and have greater capacity, but none of the advantages are so overwhelming that I feel the need to change. The bad guys can carry whatever they want. They don't want to go up against me and my "old fashioned" pistol.
My EDC a lot of times is my early ‘90s P228 that I have had on my side since I started CC.

Go with what you know and works. Sometimes its not the latest and greatest

My EDC a lot of times is my early ‘90s P228 that I have had on my side since I started CC.

Go with what you know and works. Sometimes its not the latest and greatest
Right?

I carry either revolvers, or hammered “SAO” autos with a safety (the “” come from the fact I occasionally carry autos that are DA capable, but are carried “condition one”—hammer back, safety on).

After trying a lot of platforms (see my earlier post)…they just work for me.

Never question what works for you.

Well I bought it
Received my Emissary 9mm cleaned and lubed it and took it to the range in great anticipation only to find the gun would not run. From a locked slide fresh mag jammed the bullet into the feed ramp. when I was able to launch one it would jam with a partial insertion into the chamber lots of brass showing or nearly load with some brass showing and
very hard to work the slide to extract the round. Not able to tap into battery. Working the slide slowly back and forth over an empty gun I can feel the interference, it can hang up on the disconnector when easing it forward.
Returned to SA and I'm sure they'll get it running right. Really wanted a 4.25" in 9mm.

Right?

I carry either revolvers, or hammered “SAO” autos with a safety (the “” come from the fact I occasionally carry autos that are DA capable, but are carried “condition one”—hammer back, safety on).

After trying a lot of platforms (see my earlier post)…they just work for me.

Never question what works for you.
I am bit afraid I may have been guilty of doing just this. I like shooting the P365xl well enough it's a decent shooter, but am not entirely comfortable with no hammer and safety. Going to try giving it the summer and carrying it a lot to see if I cannot get as comfortable with it as my older pistols.

I have gone smaller because of back issues. If I thought I could do it day in and out I would like to carry the 5.7x28 round. I really love that round! Did I mention I like the 5.7!

Back