testtest

Mounts

Ginge

Elite
Lately Ive been running Warne xskel qd mounts on a few guns, but today I decided to go in a different direction. I wasn’t able to find any real world feedback on these so Im taking a plunge. I bought the Eotech prs 2” cantilever today to complement the Vudu scope, (and to rob the Warne it sits in for another project). Anyone here have one?

^ Not that specific one, but I tend to like cantilevered mounts.

As you've undoubtedly seen in some of my pix, I'm of Chinese descent - northern China, at that - so I have a relatively flat (and wide) face, with almost no nose-bridge.

As a result, when I cheek the gun, if I want consistency, I'm actually a bit more forward than some shooters, so to achieve optima placement inside the eyebox, I have to cheat the scope forward a bit more, particularly when it already has a more generous eye-relief.

And in all honesty, I'd rather spend more for a good Q/D mount like yours than try to skimp with a fixed, particularly when I'm investing $Texas into a good piece of glass. I'd rather move that glass from gun-to-gun as-needed, versus having mediocre glass dedicated to each gun.

^ Not that specific one, but I tend to like cantilevered mounts.

As you've undoubtedly seen in some of my pix, I'm of Chinese descent - northern China, at that - so I have a relatively flat (and wide) face, with almost no nose-bridge.

As a result, when I cheek the gun, if I want consistency, I'm actually a bit more forward than some shooters, so to achieve optima placement inside the eyebox, I have to cheat the scope forward a bit more, particularly when it already has a more generous eye-relief.

And in all honesty, I'd rather spend more for a good Q/D mount like yours than try to skimp with a fixed, particularly when I'm investing $Texas into a good piece of glass. I'd rather move that glass from gun-to-gun as-needed, versus having mediocre glass dedicated to each gun.
I couldn’t agree more. I tend to run my rifles with my nose more on the charging handle than I do more extended. I just prefer the shorter OAL as much as possible and can still be effective at scoring hits on target while prone.
The warne mounts have not failed me, and they are strong. They maintain a good return to zero and are made well. I guess I was just wanting some variety.
It should be a solid mount despite it being on the more expensive side. I inquired about it on m4carbine but I dont think many people have had the opportunity to use this mount.
Ive decided to avoid vertical split rings. I just dont find them aesthetically pleasing and a pain to properly set up over their horizontal brethren. I look forward to getting this mount squared away.

My PRS Mount came today.
84D31468-0640-4B5D-98C8-CF2B6690F168.jpeg

After getting things situated, I find the mount to be well made, easy to adjust and aesthetically smooth and not very busy like some mounts.
10A0EA5B-DA14-42A1-8F7E-76C5182F39A4.jpeg

5C2894E5-17BC-4774-96C7-608A45C7CB62.jpeg

9F760770-B62E-495F-92E3-AF044758A84A.jpeg

The locking mechanism appears to be well thought out, and positive, while being easy to remove one handed. Another thing I noticed was the screw heads do not recess into the rings like Ive seen on my Warne and others. Here it is next to the Warne XSkel.
572C8E21-5AA1-44A3-822F-5800D3E26C9F.jpeg

The real test will be how well it returns to zero, and how well the lock holds up under recoil. So far I like it. 💪🏻

I tend to run cantilever mounts on my ARs too. On my last build, a 450 Bushmaster, I went to an old pair of Millet rings with pistol sights on top of the rings. I always liked the idea of them back in the day and when I had a chance to buy a new old stock pair, just could not resist. Scope is one I had laying around, Nichols 3-9x44. We will see how it works out,
1228191712.jpg
1228191704a.jpg

Last edited:
I tend to run cantilever mounts on my ARs too. On my last build, a 450 Bushmaster, I went to an old pair of Millet rings with pistol sights on top of the rings. I always liked the idea of them back in the day and when I had a chance to buy a new old stock pair, just could not resist. Scope is one I had laying around, Nichols 3-9x44. We will see how it works out,View attachment 841View attachment 842
I almost picked up an ACOG that had little mini irons attached. The thing that killed it for me was the short eye relief. Its would be awesome to have those zeroed for let say 50yds. Thats where the mini red dots shine up on top of glass.
Im considering this year at some point picking up an Eotech halo with their new 5x flip magnifier.

Most of mine are Warne, but I do have Midwest, American Tactical, Leupold and a few others that escape my mind at this time. I tend too keep the scopes on and not move them around. Thus having different calibers and barrel lengths.

Back