testtest

Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
What song or artist really hits you in the breadbasket? For me, I get chills every time I hear David Gilmour's second solo on "Comfortably Numb" and all of "Sorrow." Bobby Bland, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Albert King relax me really well when I need it, Johann Bach is great for concentration at work, and various metal bands get me amped up for a powerlifting session. What do you listen to get ready for various situations?

Last edited:
Pantera, Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Kid Rock, and Volbeat are usually blasting when driving, working in the garage, etc. When I need to ensure the road rage monkey stays away, I have a "chill" playlist featuring bands like Weezer, The Eagles, Pink Floyd, The Cars, etc.

I have a little over 3,000 songs on my iPod. I have many genres to choose from. It all just depends what mood I am in. But basically have a little of everything.
Except elevator music, can't do that.

Grew up listening to just about everything from 50's Motown, Elvis, Beetles, Cream, Velvet Underground, Clapton, Hendrix, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, into the 70's hair bands - GNR etc., then was really into the Grunge stuff (IMO the last great age of rock). Big fan of Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice n Chains.

Even a little Blue Grass back in the mid-90's. Had a big crush on Linda Ronstadt when I was a kid.

Still pissed of at MTV for abandoning rock for rap & hip hop in the mid-90's.

Big fan of Tool, Metallica, and Gen 1/2 Rush (N. Peart RIP).

Unfortunately one of my local stations switched over to classic rock format & they have a bad playlist. I have to listen to better stations via the computer.

Old school here, the original Alice Cooper band, and when he first went solo, Billion Dollar Babies album, probably one of his best ever, after he went solo, Welcome to my Nightmare and Alice Cooper goes to Hell also rate up there.

1581870855888.jpeg

1581870887379.jpeg

1581871032700.jpeg

Last edited:
Well considering I use to be a DJ I have lots of music and multiple genres. I have about 120GB of music on a drive plus what I stream.

I own a live sound company, and I gig just about every weekend. Mostly rock, 80s rock is HUGE in our market right now and one of my main groups is an 80s cover band. I also listen to...well...just about everything but country. Although, I will do a country gig - a paycheck is a paycheck.

One of my favorite things is remakes, and if any of you are into the heavier side of metal, definitely check out Leo Moracchioli on YouTube. This guy is a TRIP, and he covers everything from Elvis to Rage Against the Machine. In metal. Plays all his own instruments, does his own mixdowns, and all his own videos. His version of Another One Bites The Dust flat out ROCKS, and I love the squeezie-horn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back