testtest

My bad!

I bought my first handgun,a model 911 3 months ago. As a teen my dad taught me to shoot sillouhetts and target shoot with different handguns,so i had some experience in adjusting my aim to make bullseye shots. After purchasing my 911 i started shooting it right away and always seemed to shoot to the left of bullseye.I asked a local gun dealer for suggestions on my grip which helped,but i always had to aim consideribly to the right of bullseye to hit it Now i have been shooting once a week since i bought it in july and cleaned my gun after every shooting. Then this last week i noticed for the first time my front sight was off center to the right quite a bit. I took the gun back to Outdoor sports and showed the associate who was in disbelief of how far off it was and appologized for them not catching it at the time of sale. I told him i had it that long and never noticed it myself and that i assumed it was set right when i bought it.So the associate sent it back to springfield to have them address the problem. All in all i love the 911 for conceal and carry and i am looking forward to getting it back and busting some bullseyes!

So I don’t own a 911 I looked on the Springfield website and it’s obvious the front sight is dove tailed into the slide so I’m curious as to why you just didn’t attempt to adjust it yourself instead of sending it back to Springfield CS to do that??

So I don’t own a 911 I looked on the Springfield website and it’s obvious the front sight is dove tailed into the slide so I’m curious as to why you just didn’t attempt to adjust it yourself instead of sending it back to Springfield CS to do that??

Good question. It's possible that since no one noticed the sight was off center at first, was that it gradually shifted due to recoil. If that was the case, then it's possible that the dove tail was out of spec and sending it in would be the proper thing to do. :unsure:

Good question. It's possible that since no one noticed the sight was off center at first, was that it gradually shifted due to recoil. If that was the case, then it's possible that the dove tail was out of spec and sending it in would be the proper thing to do. :unsure:
I get that and the first thing I thought of was it shot loose and shifted but that wasn’t mentioned in his post so that would be my first check again before sending it back.

I THOUGHT about that and i didnt know if i attempted to do so that i would void my warranty,i also took it to outdoor sports where i purchased it and their gunsmith said it needed to be sent back in to springfield, i also thought if it moved from recoil that easy that it would have been a simple fix for a local gunsmith

I THOUGHT about that and i didnt know if i attempted to do so that i would void my warranty,i also took it to outdoor sports where i purchased it and their gunsmith said it needed to be sent back in to springfield, i also thought if it moved from recoil that easy that it would have been a simple fix for a local gunsmith
Adjustment of your sights will not void your warranty but the decision was yours.

Back