testtest

my bro-in-law

Old_Me

Ronin
i was just sitting outside, taking in some fresh air and sun, when my bro-in-law showed me something his shop is making.

he has to make 5,000 pieces, of what he showed me.

he works at a machine shop, here in my state, and maybe you heard of his company..??

Metal Form...????

well they have (and i saw the pics of the mags for the customer) a contract to make 1911 magazines, for some company, i'd rather not mention the name, to protect the company's privacy.

they have made many other magazines, for 1911's, and other calibers.

frankly, i was looking for Metal Form mags, and Brownell's has them, but are out of stock. (as well as other magazine sales sites)

i told him, that he is lucky that his shop has this (and other) contracts, cuz that means WORK for his shop, and most likely NO layoff's..

it also means that MORE mags are being made, and soon to be available for all of us.

i told him, i wish i could buy directly from his shop (as a joke), but we all know that is not possible.

i was just sitting outside, taking in some fresh air and sun, when my bro-in-law showed me something his shop is making.

he has to make 5,000 pieces, of what he showed me.

he works at a machine shop, here in my state, and maybe you heard of his company..??

Metal Form...????

well they have (and i saw the pics of the mags for the customer) a contract to make 1911 magazines, for some company, i'd rather not mention the name, to protect the company's privacy.

they have made many other magazines, for 1911's, and other calibers.

frankly, i was looking for Metal Form mags, and Brownell's has them, but are out of stock. (as well as other magazine sales sites)

i told him, that he is lucky that his shop has this (and other) contracts, cuz that means WORK for his shop, and most likely NO layoff's..

it also means that MORE mags are being made, and soon to be available for all of us.

i told him, i wish i could buy directly from his shop (as a joke), but we all know that is not possible.
…interesting. If they’ve gotten a brand new contract to make mags, then there’s more guns being made too. :)
I’m kinda curious to know - just for grins - what byhe actual cost is to produce a mag at the manufacturer level . Before it goes through the middleman and final retail markups.

…interesting. If they’ve gotten a brand new contract to make mags, then there’s more guns being made too. :)
I’m kinda curious to know - just for grins - what byhe actual cost is to produce a mag at the manufacturer level . Before it goes through the middleman and final retail markups.
yeah, bro-in-law would not know the cost factor, but i recall when i turned wrenches when i was younger, and could not compete with the lifetime warranty of a Midas muffler, to what i had to charge in my shop, with a lifetime warranty of say a Walker system.

they mass produced thier mufflers for like $4.00, and sold them for like $60.00......

so of course, they could lifetime warranty them at that cost to produce.

and given that a Midas muffler "might last" a year or two, one can see why they even sold far less than mine at like about $80.00.

but Midas will always "get you" on the pipes and clamps, that you will always need, as they welded the system....

where as i'd use clamps.....and not charge any extras....like those pipes.

people would always believe, "they got a deal" at Midas.

Back