testtest

My comments

Due to the Allen shooting thread being shut down is on my account and I'll own up to that and only Due to the ones who cannot read it the way it's meant to be read. Taketh words.. read, lead and others that have more than one meaning due to pronunciation. Apparently it wasn't read that way. My bad on that thread and apologize for that! This has 0 to do with the mods about this post.

Last edited:
Due to the Alken shooting thread being shut down is on my account and I'll own up to that and only Due to the ones who cannot read it the way it's meant to be read. Taketh words.. read, lead and others that have more than one meaning due to pronunciation. Apparently it wasn't read that way. My bad on that thread and apologize for that! This has 0 to do with the mods about this post.
we are all human with free will and minds
that variable is the one free radical that cannot or shall not be contained or minimized
we all have our own views or mindset about A, B C or D
i think having discussion of items that may or may not cause us to have internal friction is good. we only learn from conversation and listening and absorbing others view
if i failed to do either i apologize to you and the group

Due to the Allen shooting thread being shut down is on my account and I'll own up to that and only Due to the ones who cannot read it the way it's meant to be read. Taketh words.. read, lead and others that have more than one meaning due to pronunciation. Apparently it wasn't read that way. My bad on that thread and apologize for that! This has 0 to do with the mods about this post.
frankly, i didn't even read any of it.

The thing is it’s not consistent across the forum.
Exactly! Pick and choose unwisely is the norm and probably won't change as some have it out for certain members that have been here front the start... .....well within the first few months......say at least the 1st 6. Someone new comes along and post things that don't get any moderation. I don't hit the report button as to wait and watch to see what may come.

Is it upbringing or issues at the house that gets people being rubbed the wrong way? Oh well, life goes on!
sometimes, it's one area and thier way of speaking, and another area's way of understanding....i have "run into" some misunderstandings with a couple of people here, with mu New England "speak", terminology, or "colloquialism" if that's the word i am looking for.

i think many here (including me) take for granted, that we all "speak" the same, when in fact, we just have different ways of saying the same things.

again, since i did not even read the thread, i still do not know exactly what or how it was said,

so if i ain't makin' no sense..........oh well........i is a New Englandah...........

I learned long ago not to worry about my comments being deleted. I think there is some over moderation going on here sometimes, but it's not my site and it is a corporate site so......
i left a pretty darned good trucking site, due to posts/thread deletions, and it was not due to being "over-moderated" per se, but that site has Google as one of it's "sponsors??", and as such, if i talked about guns, on the "like talk about whatever, on the "layover tavern there"..???

zip, bing, bang......it's all gone....

and the shocking thing..???

it was ALL ALLOWED...........previously..>???

talk about the left intruding on everything with their agenda.

The thing is it’s not consistent across the forum.
You're absolutely right, it's not consistent. It's something we discuss and try to better about every time. However, we cant be in all threads every day. This is a part time gig for each of us and we get in and moderate when we have a chance. As for overmoderation, we discuss each time-out as a team. Deletions are per Mod but the ones that cause pushback always gets the attention of the whole team, just as we did with the Austin thread.

Sometimes what we think, and what we write gets short circuted between brain and fingers. Moderation is not easy, been there done that. It's a balancing act between giving enough latitude, but interpreting and staying within the rules. Seldom is everyone pleased with the results.

What some users, usually very easy to spot, have trouble with is remembering that most forums are owned and provided by some person or entity. They provide a forum but within thier guidelines. It's not free speech, it's moderated speech that you have to agree to follow prior to using most. This is the trouble some times, people forget that, and incorrectly object that thier right to free speech is being infringed.

Some forums like this one are filled with well meaning, nice individuals, which tends to make moderation easy, most of the time.

Last edited:
I ain't gonna complain about the mods here, i have had a few post deleted and deservingly so. i did get an explanation each time why and NOT an ass chewing. that goes a long way with me.

I won't mention any names of other sites but one SA forum the mods are big time libs and if you are not then they are on you bad. i made one post there and seen how it was and haven't been back.

The Mods here seem like stand up guys and really nice. Sometimes they have a rough job keeping the peace on controversial subjects, also we have to remember they have to moderate like the owners want.

I have been a mod on a few sites and sometimes you have to make a decision on the rules of the site or pissin off a member you consider to be a friend. but like the law, they have to abide by the rules set forth by the owners.

So far in what i have seen, these guys are doing a good job, they will even get in there and joke with us, some are way to serious and their ego's won't let them. these guys are not like that.

Now if i'f i'm suckin up to the bosses, so be it. :ROFLMAO:

Yea, I have made many waves with the mods here on things, I am quick tempered at times, but after I think on it. 90% of the time the mods were right, the other 10% well that’s up in the air. I don’t try to get personal with them, and I hope they don’t with me, when I am wrong on something I will admit to it and if I got out of line, I will apologize. There position here isn’t easy and they have to put up with a lot of crap, but if it wasn’t for them, this place would be a madhouse!

Yea, I have made many waves with the mods here on things, I am quick tempered at times, but after I think on it. 90% of the time the mods were right, the other 10% well that’s up in the air. I don’t try to get personal with them, and I hope they don’t with me, when I am wrong on something I will admit to it and if I got out of line, I will apologize. There position here isn’t easy and they have to put up with a lot of crap, but if it wasn’t for them, this place would be a madhouse!
8EBE6433-336B-49FF-996C-3D823F0DC96F.gif

Too soon? 😎😝😇

Back