testtest

My EDC

My EDC Colt Defender
1000000055.jpg

I recently acquired a used Springfield XDS 45 acp 4.0 barrel. It has replaced the Glock 19 Gen 5 I used to carry most of the time. The 4.0 barrel is comfortable inside or outside the pants holster.

(I still carry a Walther PPS M2 or S&W 638 J when I want something lighter.)

After my neck surgery in 2015 I didn't think I'd be able to carry a handgun that shot 45 acp (As a former Marine who shot and sometimes carried a 1911 from 1976-1979 it feels so good..:)). 1911's were just too heavy but the SA XDS in 45 acp is just right for me...:)

Attachments

• SA_XD_withMagPouch122323.jpg
    SA_XD_withMagPouch122323.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
I recently acquired a used Springfield XDS 45 acp 4.0 barrel. It has replaced the Glock 19 Gen 5 I used to carry most of the time. The 4.0 barrel is comfortable inside or outside the pants holster.

(I still carry a Walther PPS M2 or S&W 638 J when I want something lighter.)

After my neck surgery in 2015 I didn't think I'd be able to carry a handgun that shot 45 acp (As a former Marine who shot and sometimes carried a 1911 from 1976-1979 it feels so good..:)). 1911's were just too heavy but the SA XDS in 45 acp is just right for me...:)
Those are nice, I use to have the XDE 45ACP with the 3"barrel. Like the DA/SA with the decocker

On duty is a fully pimped out G43x MOS with a TLR-7 and a Holosun 407k X2. Like 80% of the 43x MOS's out there apparently; original I am not. My BUG is a non-MOS 43x with a Warrior Land light and a fiberoptic front sight.

Off duty... Around the house and walking the dog it's usually a Ruger LCP II in .22. If it requires driving anywhere I upgrade to either a XD-E 9mm 3.3 or a CZ P-07. Each of these has upgraded sights and a light. While my SA is on vacation in the prairie state I have been letting my 43s do a extra work.

If I ever get my CSX back I may put it into the rotation, but the inability to mount a light may make it a safe Queen. Until that changes.

Of my 3 EDC's, my Hellcat OSP with Shield RMSc and 15 round mags gets the most carries, followed by a Shield 1.0 9mm with 8 round mags, and currently acclimating to a new P365 380 with 12 round mags plus a Romeo X optic for warm weather carry by carrying it around the house to break in holsters along with adequate range time for efficiency and accuracy. In colder weather, I carry the 2 9mm's exclusively due to more layers of clothing being worn by would be miscreants. That said, my only variables are occasion, attire, weather, locations visited, and number of spare mags. The constants are tactical pen, small folding knife, and a small flashlight.

Back