testtest

My FIRST build.. questions

IMG_20211130_221825530_HDR.jpg

I did choose a complete upper. I went with a 10.5" 1:8 twist upper from CBC, keymod furniture. I found that on sportsman's guide. Got a basic and generic lower parts kit from PSA and a basic stripped lower as well. The brace is an SBA 4.

I went with a PSA MPI nitride full auto BCG.

Just in case anyone wanted details

I did choose a complete upper. I went with a 10.5" 1:8 twist upper from CBC, keymod furniture. I found that on sportsman's guide. Got a basic and generic lower parts kit from PSA and a basic stripped lower as well. The brace is an SBA 4.

I went with a PSA MPI nitride full auto BCG.

Just in case anyone wanted details
I would recommend you check headspacing before your first outing. You can pickup some headspace gauges online for under $100 or probably get it checked by a local gunsmith for under $30.

It's good personal insurance to confirm for your personal safety.

Headspace for proper spacing will be recommended as suggested! I've had a few that was tight and just switched the bolt out with another after confirming headspace with both. It's crazy how that can work out! If you can find a Radian Bone CH then get it! Works great for suppressed and SB guns.

I've also have done poly uppers and lowers in AR15s, but not in 10s yet. 556 and 300bo in poly so far. I want to do that a full poly (upper and lower) in 10 when I can get the parts. None have failed with 2k+ rounds.

So I finally got to shoot it WAAY earlier this year and I'm having feeding issues. Loading a new mag and pulling the charging handle to the rear and letting go chambers the first round. Extraction and ejection occur just fine but then I need to manually load the next round by pulling the charging handle to the rear etc. I've only shot 220 grain subs (FMJ) and want to test lighter weights but I don't think ammunition is the issue. Magazines are magpul 5.56 30 rounds. Springs are sound. Any ideas?

I'm wondering if its buffer weight? Ammunition? Gas system?

Last edited:
So I finally got to shoot it WAAY earlier this year and I'm having feeding issues. Loading a new mag and pulling the charging handle to the rear and letting go chambers the first round. Extraction and ejection occur just fine but then I need to manually load the next round by pulling the charging handle to the rear etc. I've only shot 220 grain subs (FMJ) and want to test lighter weights but I don't think ammunition is the issue. Magazines are magpul 5.56 30 rounds. Springs are sound. Any ideas?

I'm wondering if its buffer weight? Ammunition? Gas system?
If you have feeding issues with 180 and up then you need a 300bo mag. 556 is fine for less than 180gr and maybe limited up to 150? I've run an 8.5" barrel with non adjustable GB, standard buffer and spring weight with up to 150gr bullets. Also using carbine system.

It might not be getting enough gas to operate, but change out the mag for 300bo on subs @HansGruber suggestion. I'm working on some 170and 185gr fmj Lapua's. I load for 1k ma on muzzle energy. Rarely below that. 900 is my very bottom. What build do you?

Back