testtest

My name is Hans Gruber, and I’m an HKholic…

E2763657-81F2-4025-9AC7-01C4ACD16C0C.jpeg

Sigh. Couldn’t help myself.

Updates when I get home…

Playing with the optic…I like it, mostly.

It has 3 optics options, a 32MOA circle with a 2MOA dot (EOTech style), a 2 MOA dot, and a 32MOA circle. This is the green LED model, and the reticle really jumps out.

Rear sight is blacked out, with a luminous (not tritium) front dot.
EBEDEB3A-1369-4646-836A-02C5B647D2D1.jpeg

I can’t get a clear image of the reticle (that’s the EOTech style one in the picture), but even in bright sunlight, it’s clear as a bell…mainly because it’s self charging & regulating as far as brightness.

The non-replaceable, solar charging battery has me a little curious as to how long it will last, but…from a full charge, it’s got 20,000 hours of life with low use, and kept in a dark place. That’s a bit over 2 years, so if you just remember to put it in sunlight every few months, it should last a good long time…we’ll see.

Playing with the optic…I like it, mostly.

It has 3 optics options, a 32MOA circle with a 2MOA dot (EOTech style), a 2 MOA dot, and a 32MOA circle. This is the green LED model, and the reticle really jumps out.

Rear sight is blacked out, with a luminous (not tritium) front dot.View attachment 40778
I can’t get a clear image of the reticle (that’s the EOTech style one in the picture), but even in bright sunlight, it’s clear as a bell…mainly because it’s self charging & regulating as far as brightness.

The non-replaceable, solar charging battery has me a little curious as to how long it will last, but…from a full charge, it’s got 20,000 hours of life with low use, and kept in a dark place. That’s a bit over 2 years, so if you just remember to put it in sunlight every few months, it should last a good long time…we’ll see.
If it's like other Holosuns it's got MOTAC. I think the solar is meant to be a back-up. I would still change the battery once a year regardless. I can tell you that with the battery out if there is any light at all the reticle will be there, although usually lighter than normal. It's explained in the manual for the 510 and 512 that if your battery dies you will still have a reticle usually.

I am a fan of the circle and dot. That probably makes more sense for a shotgun though. I do run them that way on my ARs as well though.

Back