testtest

My new loading shop!

jumpinjoe

Professional
Some time ago we moved from our single family home to a retirement community, and in doing so I had to give up a lot of things I enjoyed doing simply due to lack of space. Well I was really missing my reloading which I had been doing for about 40+ years, but just couldn't find a space to fit the bill... until a few days ago. It finally came to me that I really didn't need all the space I had before so the only problem that left was to find a place solid enough to handle a simple, single stage press. But then it struck me that I had the perfect place right on the side of my gun safe. Plenty solid/heavy to take whatever stresses the press would pose. So here's a couple pictures of my loading space. The shelf/bench is 18"s of 2"x6" through bolted to the side of my safe with a scabbed piece of 16ga steel on the inside. I removed the fire liner from the interior before drilling and then replaced it after all the bolts were in place, so there's no loss of the fire protection. When I'm loading, I can use my bed to lay out my materials, but I also have a small wooden TV tray that I can also use. It's amazing what we can do to make do when you have to. It's certainly not as convenient as I had for most of 40 years, but I can still get the job done.!!! 👍👍👍😁

Attachments

• 20211201_222532.jpg
    20211201_222532.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 127
  • 20211201_222440.jpg
    20211201_222440.jpg
    929.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 20211201_222408.jpg
    20211201_222408.jpg
    896.5 KB · Views: 120
Some time ago we moved from our single family home to a retirement community, and in doing so I had to give up a lot of things I enjoyed doing simply due to lack of space. Well I was really missing my reloading which I had been doing for about 40+ years, but just couldn't find a space to fit the bill... until a few days ago. It finally came to me that I really didn't need all the space I had before so the only problem that left was to find a place solid enough to handle a simple, single stage press. But then it struck me that I had the perfect place right on the side of my gun safe. Plenty solid/heavy to take whatever stresses the press would pose. So here's a couple pictures of my loading space. The shelf/bench is 18"s of 2"x6" through bolted to the side of my safe with a scabbed piece of 16ga steel on the inside. I removed the fire liner from the interior before drilling and then replaced it after all the bolts were in place, so there's no loss of the fire protection. When I'm loading, I can use my bed to lay out my materials, but I also have a small wooden TV tray that I can also use. It's amazing what we can do to make do when you have to. It's certainly not as convenient as I had for most of 40 years, but I can still get the job done.!!! 👍👍👍😁
Nice Joe, very nice and a great ideal

Over some years I've used both a 3 hole and a 4 hole Lee turret press to load many thousands of rounds. They're a great little press and although not truly a 'progressive' press, they're capable of turning out some impressive numbers in a short time. Gave mine, along with almost all the loading equipment I had accumulated over the years to my yard son when the wife and I sold out and moved to the retirement community ....... where I no longer have a loading shop, nor a garage !!!!

Well, I do have the little shelf on the side of my gun safe that started this thread. But it's really hard to call that a 'shop'. ;):)(y)

A little improvement..... I had a better idea about my loading station, such as it was, and made a couple improvements. Here's a look at the new setup. Everything's mounted on a little roll-around cart so I can use it anywhere in the apartment I want and store it wherever I want as well. And instead of just that tiny little shelf on the side of my gun safe, I actually have a little work space.

Attachments

• 20211207_192525.jpg
    20211207_192525.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
  • 20211207_192405.jpg
    20211207_192405.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • 20211207_192318.jpg
    20211207_192318.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20211207_192229.jpg
    20211207_192229.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
A little improvement..... I had a better idea about my loading station, such as it was, and made a couple improvements. Here's a look at the new setup. Everything's mounted on a little roll-around cart so I can use it anywhere in the apartment I want and store it wherever I want as well. And instead of just that tiny little shelf on the side of my gun safe, I actually have a little work space.

Looking good JJ. Looks like a better setup with more room too.
Now can scoot loading station around where and when needed or when want to. And, out of the way when not needed. Doing things in small or confined spaces can take a lot of thought and finagling. There are folding tables that bolt on that can give a bit more room when needed and fold when not too. Might work on yours?

Great job! i've considered a tool chest before

Back