testtest

My next gun...

Jimbo

Elite
What will your next gun be, and why?

If it is handguns we are talking about, my next gun will likely be a Sig P365. I was in a pawn shop recently, and I dry-fired a Sig P365, and the trigger on that gun was fantastic! Also, it had an incredibly good, small optic sight built in to the gun. I'm not sure how to describe the size of the sight other than to say it was flat against the top of the gun; but it gave me an excellent sight picture. And I was able to also use the standard sight.

I've also been toying with getting a Ruger SP101 .357 magnum snubnose with a bobbed hammer. I like revolvers IF they are exceptionally well made (I don't trust them otherwise), and from everything I have heard, that one is.

As for long guns, I've been eyeing the Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge. You can get it right now at Academy Sports for $200. All of the reviews I have seen say that this is a very reliable gun. And I am old-school; I don't want a bunch of bells and whistles. I just want a reliable pump shotgun that will shoot every time I pull the trigger. And I prefer a manual pump shotgun over a semi-auto shotgun for two reasons:
1) I can more reliably muscle the next shell into the barrel with a dirty gun than the semi-auto mechanism can.
2) I really like the sound that pumping the gun makes - puts the bad guy on notice.

If it is handguns we are talking about, my next gun will likely be a Sig P365. I was in a pawn shop recently, and I dry-fired a Sig P365, and the trigger on that gun was fantastic! Also, it had an incredibly good, small optic sight built in to the gun. I'm not sure how to describe the size of the sight other than to say it was flat against the top of the gun; but it gave me an excellent sight picture. And I was able to also use the standard sight.

I've also been toying with getting a Ruger SP101 .357 magnum snubnose with a bobbed hammer. I like revolvers IF they are exceptionally well made (I don't trust them otherwise), and from everything I have heard, that one is.

As for long guns, I've been eyeing the Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge. You can get it right now at Academy Sports for $200. All of the reviews I have seen say that this is a very reliable gun. And I am old-school; I don't want a bunch of bells and whistles. I just want a reliable pump shotgun that will shoot every time I pull the trigger. And I prefer a manual pump shotgun over a semi-auto shotgun for two reasons:
1) I can more reliably muscle the next shell into the barrel with a dirty gun than the semi-auto mechanism can.
2) I really like the sound that pumping the gun makes - puts the bad guy on notice.

I been eying a maverick as well. They seem to be really a really good entry option.

I have been on a DA/SA kick, as I love the hellcat and P365, but something about the DA/SA for EDC that is really nice. I need to try the springfield XDE, but I am eyeing the discontinued CZ RAMI 2075 BD (decocker). Something about it just seems so nice. Just can’t find one at a reasonable price yet.

OH, and if you are narrowing to a 365, I like the flat trigger. check the sales inventory is going up and TAC pacs are coming in with better grip modules (12), at fair prices.

Just 2 hrs ago I bought one on my recent list (disclaimer: my list changes daily. Sometimes hourly. )
Tisas 1911 Carry (4.5in) in stainless steel, .45 of course…
Will post something about it soon, maybe under Show Off Your 1911 thread, located somewhere on the Forum near you :)

Just 2 hrs ago I bought one on my recent list (disclaimer: my list changes daily. Sometimes hourly. )
Tisas 1911 Carry (4.5in) in stainless steel, .45 of course…
Will post something about it soon, maybe under Show Off Your 1911 thread, located somewhere on the Forum near you :)
Quick backseat look:
I like what they give you: brush, slotted plastic rod, plastic no-mar bushing wrench, and a small but easy to read no-nonsense owner manual. Only thing I’d add would be a zip up padded bag like Springfield does. But that’d add $25 minimum.

Attachments

• EB753AF6-25A8-414B-9329-26F9B4375B1F.jpeg
    EB753AF6-25A8-414B-9329-26F9B4375B1F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 164
  • 7624BB33-E17B-4700-9912-00A7FC91E9D3.jpeg
    7624BB33-E17B-4700-9912-00A7FC91E9D3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 156
I have narrowed my possible down to,

springfield emp 4 inch
Springfield Ronin 4.25 9mm
Sig p365 xl romeo
Cz P01
Traditions 1873 4.75 inch 357 magnum
SW 638
SW 19 carry comp

In other words I am completely confused what I want to buy.

I have narrowed my possible down to,

springfield emp 4 inch
Springfield Ronin 4.25 9mm
Sig p365 xl romeo
Cz P01
Traditions 1873 4.75 inch 357 magnum
SW 638
SW 19 carry comp

In other words I am completely confused what I want to buy.
…. I can absolutely relate.
If there’s enough of us suffering from this condition, could me maybe get a govt grant to study it? Or disability payments?
Would it help our application for assistance if we already had a support group? I can type up a bunch of backdated documentation…

I have a birthday coming up in the next few months, and I'm undecided on my next gun purchase. In addition, my choices are all over the place. Below are some of my favorites.
1. Ruger Pistol Caliber Carbine in 9mm - this world be economical.
2. M1A in .308 - it just looks cool.
3. SA XD-M Elite Tactical OSP - cool factor.
4. SA Emissary - I don't own a 1911 right now.
5. SA Ronin 5" in .45 - A 1911 should always be in .45.
6. Sig Sauer P320 RXP XCarry in 9mm - I almost bought one of these two years ago.

I have a birthday coming up in the next few months, and I'm undecided on my next gun purchase. In addition, my choices are all over the place. Below are some of my favorites.
1. Ruger Pistol Caliber Carbine in 9mm - this world be economical.
2. M1A in .308 - it just looks cool.
3. SA XD-M Elite Tactical OSP - cool factor.
4. SA Emissary - I don't own a 1911 right now.
5. SA Ronin 5" in .45 - A 1911 should always be in .45.
6. Sig Sauer P320 RXP XCarry in 9mm - I almost bought one of these two years ago.
Excellent list Dave…
By the way, your #5 is “right on target “!
I saw an Emissary a couple months ago; to me it wasn’t quite as ideal in person as in the glossy ads. I passed on it - not worth the $1200+change they wanted. Just a caution for you.

I been eying a maverick as well. They seem to be really a really good entry option.

I have been on a DA/SA kick, as I love the hellcat and P365, but something about the DA/SA for EDC that is really nice. I need to try the springfield XDE, but I am eyeing the discontinued CZ RAMI 2075 BD (decocker). Something about it just seems so nice. Just can’t find one at a reasonable price yet.
I would love to get a DA/SA small concealable 9mm. I already own one of the very few that are made - the Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact. But it is a double stack and therefore a little bit too thick to pocket carry. I am certain that Beretta could make a single stack version of this exact same gun, and it would easily pocket carry, because other than the thickness, it is the exact same size as my Ruger EC9S, which easily pocket carries.

I would love to get a DA/SA small concealable 9mm. I already own one of the very few that are made - the Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact. But it is a double stack and therefore a little bit too thick to pocket carry. I am certain that Beretta could make a single stack version of this exact same gun, and it would easily pocket carry, because other than the thickness, it is the exact same size as my Ruger EC9S, which easily pocket carries.

I hear you @Jimbo

Wait...what!? Your struggling to find a small DA/SA small concealable 9mm...and you are on the Springfield website?!! ummm.....

Just giving you a hard time. 😂😂😂;) Maybe you mean REALLY small:)
I love my XDe.

I do mean REALLY small.

Speaking of the XDe, I am having a hard time finding someone who has one in stock, so that I can see how it feels in my hand. I definitely have my eye on this gun.

Have you ever held a Ruger EC9S or LC9S? How does it compare size-wise with the XDe?

Back