testtest

My next gun...

I'll just stick with 1911s. I got this one about the time covid got going and have yet to shoot it.
SR1911.JPG

Ya know, sometimes something is right before my eyes and I don't see it! Happens all the time in the store.

About the only thing bigger with the XD-E compared to the Ruger EC9S is the overall length and the weight. That extra bullet would also add a tad to the weight of the XD-E.

I definitely want to check out the XD-E. If I could find a store close by that had one in stock!

Ya know, sometimes something is right before my eyes and I don't see it! Happens all the time in the store.

About the only thing bigger with the XD-E compared to the Ruger EC9S is the overall length and the weight. That extra bullet would also add a tad to the weight of the XD-E.

I definitely want to check out the XD-E. If I could find a store close by that had one in stock!
There are/were two in Traverse City Michigan (a few weeks ago).

If I had to narrow down some choices:
1. Sig Sauer P365 or the Hellcat - I need to see if I can fire these and see which feels better for my grip.
2. Tikka T3X Lite chambered in either .308 or 7mm Rem Mag. Would like a lite hunting rifle for out West.
3. Mossberg 500 with barrels for Turkey and Waterfowl.

If I won the lottery, 2021 Waypoint, hands down.

My goal is to one day become the type of gun buyer who has done all sorts of research and budgeting before making a purchase. As of now, I always have a mental list of guns I'd be interested in buying. However, most of my purchases are random guns from ads that show up in my inbox at a tremendous price, or older guns I had forgotten about until one showed up in the used-gun case at my LGS.

Next gun is the XDM-Elite Compact OSP 3.8" in 10mm. Went to GT today looking for one. He was like hold on... went in the back and came out with a black Springfield box. It was exactly that, but in 9mm =/. Tried to place one on order but they don't even have a model # or SKU for them yet.

Next gun is the XDM-Elite Compact OSP 3.8" in 10mm. Went to GT today looking for one. He was like hold on... went in the back and came out with a black Springfield box. It was exactly that, but in 9mm =/. Tried to place one on order but they don't even have a model # or SKU for them yet.
So, did you take it home?

What will your next gun be, and why?

If it is handguns we are talking about, my next gun will likely be a Sig P365. I was in a pawn shop recently, and I dry-fired a Sig P365, and the trigger on that gun was fantastic! Also, it had an incredibly good, small optic sight built in to the gun. I'm not sure how to describe the size of the sight other than to say it was flat against the top of the gun; but it gave me an excellent sight picture. And I was able to also use the standard sight.

I've also been toying with getting a Ruger SP101 .357 magnum snubnose with a bobbed hammer. I like revolvers IF they are exceptionally well made (I don't trust them otherwise), and from everything I have heard, that one is.

As for long guns, I've been eyeing the Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge. You can get it right now at Academy Sports for $200. All of the reviews I have seen say that this is a very reliable gun. And I am old-school; I don't want a bunch of bells and whistles. I just want a reliable pump shotgun that will shoot every time I pull the trigger. And I prefer a manual pump shotgun over a semi-auto shotgun for two reasons:
1) I can more reliably muscle the next shell into the barrel with a dirty gun than the semi-auto mechanism can.
2) I really like the sound that pumping the gun makes - puts the bad guy on notice.
I have a Maverick 88 field/security model. Solid 12 gauge. I also saw a torture test video (I think someone posted it on this forum) where they ran 500 shells through it in less than 2 hours. It held firm the whole way through.

My goal is to one day become the type of gun buyer who has done all sorts of research and budgeting before making a purchase. As of now, I always have a mental list of guns I'd be interested in buying. However, most of my purchases are random guns from ads that show up in my inbox at a tremendous price, or older guns I had forgotten about until one showed up in the used-gun case at my LGS.
I also do research at times but mostly I do impulse buys, but if you want to do research, I found this gun magazine that excepts no advertising whatsoever, it’s call Gun Tests, I just subscribed to it.

I also do research at times but mostly I do impulse buys, but if you want to do research, I found this gun magazine that excepts no advertising whatsoever, it’s call Gun Tests, I just subscribed to it.

Gun tests is where I read about the Taurus 66 way back in the 80s, and they were right, it's been an excellant revolver.

I gotta say they have been a nice reference.

Back