testtest

my older buddy's first ever range day

taking my buddy to the club again today, to get some practice with his home defense Glock 43.

i will once again clean and lube his gun when we finish.

many of you know the value of a used toothbrush, and i went and made him an "inside rail" cleaning tool....

good thing i bought that heat gun...i musta used it like 3 times now in the past 4 years.... :ROFLMAO:

1668773830790.png

also, i will be bringing my CZ 75 B (9mm) and my new Colt Competition 1911 45 ACP for him to try out as well.

it'll be maybe a few weeks before i can get him there again, so i hope he has a "little fun"......

I just caught that the 43 was for home defense. For some reason I thought it was for carry. I reread your original post and saw you said he doesn't want to carry.
Interesting choice for a home defense gun. If I only wanted one for home defense, I definitely would have wanted something bigger. In fact, right now, I am searching for a full size home defense gun. I currently have a Hellcat Pro and Kimber Custom 45ACP. I am far more accurate with the Kimber but it's only 8+1. And there's no rail for a light, which I want to add.

I just caught that the 43 was for home defense. For some reason I thought it was for carry. I reread your original post and saw you said he doesn't want to carry.
Interesting choice for a home defense gun. If I only wanted one for home defense, I definitely would have wanted something bigger. In fact, right now, I am searching for a full size home defense gun. I currently have a Hellcat Pro and Kimber Custom 45ACP. I am far more accurate with the Kimber but it's only 8+1. And there's no rail for a light, which I want to add.
he's "like me", in his high 70's......

so he feels that to carry just is not for him.

as i was told, he just wanted "something" to keep by his bedside. i had no input into his decision, in fact, he bought the gun before i even started going to that bait/tackle/gun store.

he took to my CZ 75B today, a very stout all steel 9mm. he likes the way it is controllable for recoil, over the very snappy G-43.

he also likes the feel and heavier weight of my 1911's.

he has actually said he "might" be buying a heavier gun for range use only, and keep the G-43 in the drawer.

but that might or might not happen, him buying 1 more gun at this time.

in any event he had a great time again today.

it'll be a "few weeks" till i can take him to the club again, with the holiday season, and our respective responsibilities.

I get it, wasn't blaming you. I just don't get why a 43 for home defense, but it's his choice.
I wouldn't do it, and if I worked at the gun counter, I would have tried to steer him otherwise, but, it's up to him.

Back