testtest

My Weekend Project

Trebor657

Operator
Recently acquired a Kel Tec Sub 2000 9mm carbine...for those that may not be familiar, the carbine folds in half to only 16" long... great for camping, a bugout bag etc....I shot a friends and had to have one. I was thinking about how to transport and/or carry it. I know many folks put it in a backpack and I guess that would be fine, I just thought I wanted something a little more organized and protective of the firearm.

Yesterday, I went in search of something I could use. I went to sporting goods stores, gun stores, hobby stores and department stores looking at briefcases, suitcases and such. Found a couple things that might work but nothing that was really what I had in mind. One store I visited was a Walmart and a couple doors down was a Goodwill store. I wandered into the Goodwill and ran across an aluminum double latch case. Hmmm...this case has potential, so I opened it up and it had four sheets of egg carton foam as well and a multi pocket accessory pouch under the lid. So, I cringe a little and look at the price and a big smile came across my face. It was priced about the same as a Starbucks coffee. I happily went to checkout and brought it home....

After some thought, I came up with the plan.....I cut out a piece of the foam after laying the carbine on it and tracing around it. The accessory pockets under the lid were a little small for a magazine, but after minor modification it was now able to hold 4 magazines with room for more.

Once done, I inserted the carbine and the magazines and tried it out by carrying it around the house for a couple minutes. Opened the case and everything remained where I had placed it.... nothing loose or banging around and everything well protected. Overall, I am very happy with my weekend project.... couple pics are below.... Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Case 1.JPG
    Case 1.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Case 2.JPG
    Case 2.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Case 3.JPG
    Case 3.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Case 4.JPG
    Case 4.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Case 5.JPG
    Case 5.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 61
Recently acquired a Kel Tec Sub 2000 9mm carbine...for those that may not be familiar, the carbine folds in half to only 16" long... great for camping, a bugout bag etc....I shot a friends and had to have one. I was thinking about how to transport and/or carry it. I know many folks put it in a backpack and I guess that would be fine, I just thought I wanted something a little more organized and protective of the firearm.

Yesterday, I went in search of something I could use. I went to sporting goods stores, gun stores, hobby stores and department stores looking at briefcases, suitcases and such. Found a couple things that might work but nothing that was really what I had in mind. One store I visited was a Walmart and a couple doors down was a Goodwill store. I wandered into the Goodwill and ran across an aluminum double latch case. Hmmm...this case has potential, so I opened it up and it had four sheets of egg carton foam as well and a multi pocket accessory pouch under the lid. So, I cringe a little and look at the price and a big smile came across my face. It was priced about the same as a Starbucks coffee. I happily went to checkout and brought it home....

After some thought, I came up with the plan.....I cut out a piece of the foam after laying the carbine on it and tracing around it. The accessory pockets under the lid were a little small for a magazine, but after minor modification it was now able to hold 4 magazines with room for more.

Once done, I inserted the carbine and the magazines and tried it out by carrying it around the house for a couple minutes. Opened the case and everything remained where I had placed it.... nothing loose or banging around and everything well protected. Overall, I am very happy with my weekend project.... couple pics are below.... Thanks for looking.
Nice and very well done.

Nice repurpose. I like the idea of hard cases for everything especially my power tools. They can standup to a lot of abuse and stack and store nicely.

Ok, who remembers having one of these…
3EEBD555-871B-4468-AA19-93F90BE9BA09.jpeg

Back