testtest

My XDM Elite Upgrades. Picture Attached.

AK47MAN

Operator
My XDM Elite OSP 10mm 4.5". Today I installed TruGlo TFX Pro night sights. And
installed Talon Pro grips. I will NEVER sell or trade this gun in. NEVER.
This gun is a Beast. A beautiful one. :cool:

XDM-Elite-Talon.jpeg

And it is Dead-On POA-POI at 10 and 15yds using Buffalo Bore Heavy 180gr HP's and
Underwood's 180gr HP's. Expensive Dung; But that's what is the most accurate out
of it. It shoots almost as well with MagTech 180gr FMJ's. I am still testing it with other
brands. Many of them. I can't wait for my next range visit.

Got my Elite OSP threaded a few weeks ago. Added a Holosun 507. Can pound nails with it at 50 feet. Couldn't hit a silhouette with my G34 and TFX Pro's. I'm a red dot fan, now. Struggled with cross eye domination and reading glasses. No issues with red dot!!!
I have reading glasses on right now. My issues with small print close up have no effect on distance vision. Neither does my cross eye dominance. That particular issue I have completely mitigated without the use of optics. Though I do love me some optics. Just not on carry pistols.

I have reading glasses on right now. My issues with small print close up have no effect on distance vision. Neither does my cross eye dominance. That particular issue I have completely mitigated without the use of optics. Though I do love me some optics. Just not on carry pistols.
I felt the same way until I mounted an optic red dot on my Elite 10mm and love it, of course the Elite was ready for the optic, will I start machining the slides on my other guns? No.

Man, I'd love to hear your methods. I worked on reading lenses or none, upper lenses/lower lenses, focusing on the target vs focusing on the front sight, only one reading lens in to force right eye, switching to left eye.... Mind you, this is all for target stuff and National Match. When I practice with my carry gun, it's all point shooting. No way the eye thing is going to work in a panic.....

Wish SA would re-release the 5.25 10mm in the Elite line.
That would be very nice!
The 4.5 is not enough length between my compact and the 4.5 to warrant a purchase.
Now while were are wishing upon a star, make it polygonal rifling as well. Not the would be sweeet.

Man, I'd love to hear your methods. I worked on reading lenses or none, upper lenses/lower lenses, focusing on the target vs focusing on the front sight, only one reading lens in to force right eye, switching to left eye.... Mind you, this is all for target stuff and National Match. When I practice with my carry gun, it's all point shooting. No way the eye thing is going to work in a panic.....
I wear cheaters to read but my vision beyond that is fine. I see targets clearly from 5' to 100 yards.

I overcame cross eye dominance by bringing the gun over to the left on draw lining it up with my left eye. I shoot everything other than a scoped rifle with both eyes open.

I wear cheaters to read but my vision beyond that is fine. I see targets clearly from 5' to 100 yards.

I overcame cross eye dominance by bringing the gun over to the left on draw lining it up with my left eye. I shoot everything other than a scoped rifle with both eyes open.
So, w/o cheaters, you focus on the target and let the sights be out of focus?

So, w/o cheaters, you focus on the target and let the sights be out of focus?
The sights aren't out of focus. I use cheaters to read. I think they make the print smaller these days. :) I see stuff just fine.

Anyway, the front sight is what you should be focusing on, not the rear.

Back