testtest

Need A New Coffee Maker

Too weak ... too strong .... too expensive .... takes too long ..... have to wait .... too much work .... and the list goes on and on. Every excuse I can think of to take a look at the "Toddy" cold brew maker. No special brand or containers of coffee needed, use your regular favorite blend right out of the can/bag. I personally use "Chock full 'O Nuts".

With hot water brewed coffee the water temp should be between 195 and 205 degrees F. The water temp with the cold brew method never even approaches 212 degrees (the boiling point of H2o). "Water temps over 205 degrees can 'scald the grounds and create a burnt taste. When it’s below 195°F, the brewed coffee will be under-extracted". And drinking temp can be regulated by the amount of hot/cold water added to the concentrate (120F to 140F is recommended as the 'best' drinking temp. * I didn't just come up with these numbers, I got them from a 'Google' search.

Now I'm not affiliated with "Toddy" in any way, shape or form. But I am a big coffee drinker and have been for a little over 53 years. I've tried coffee in more than 38 of the 50 states and 13-14 foreign countries and at least a dozen different hunting camps. Tried coffee made more different and unique ways than most. Never had a cup any better than I can get from my "Toddy". I can make the concentrate as strong or weak as I need/want by the amount of time I let it steep, and can make my cup as weak/strong as I want by how much concentrate to water I use. And I never add anything to my coffee .... no sugar, no creamer, and absolutely no 'flavored' coffees. Almost lost a really good secretary once to that last little topic there, but that's a whole other story. I'll say this once more ....... freshness of fresh brewed/convenience of instant!

One last hint, I have found over years that I like it better when using a jug of 'drinking (not distilled) water' from the store rather than city water out of the kitchen tap. Can't tell you why, it just is what it is. Try it, you'll like it. regards, jj

As a final update I was continuing to research coffee makers however my lady had other plans and ordered one from Amazon, it showed up today to my surprise. It is an impressive unit and yes it makes amazing coffee.
D774BB65-BA50-4810-9849-243C17EFB9B2.jpeg

I really like the idea of the water reservoir which can be easily cleaned unlike the (Mr Coffee) which is Impossible to clean.

As a final update I was continuing to research coffee makers however my lady had other plans and ordered one from Amazon, it showed up today to my surprise. It is an impressive unit and yes it makes amazing coffee.
View attachment 31661
I really like the idea of the water reservoir which can be easily cleaned unlike the (Mr Coffee) which is Impossible to clean.
Keep the reservoir dry when not in use. My Keurig is designed to allow water to sit 24/7, and mold starts (maybe it's algae) almost immediately...Enjoy!

Keep the reservoir dry when not in use. My Keurig is designed to allow water to sit 24/7, and mold starts (maybe it's algae) almost immediately...Enjoy!
I’ll watch for that thanks. At least it can be removed and cleaned unlike a regular drip coffee maker. I looked inside the one I replaced and where you put the water was disgusting 🤢 even though I cleaned it with white vinegar once a month. No wonder my coffee started tasting bad.

View attachment 31661
I have the same one it’s great

I grind my own beans and use a press to brew them, but I don't drink much coffee these days. For years I used sugar to sweeten it, then I switched to Honey, now I use Maple Syrup and I add some half & half.

cOFFEEpUSS.jpg
eeffoc.jpg

ROAD TRIP...ONLY A 1 HOUR DRIVE
COFFEE NIRVANA

Starbucks to Open New Store in New York City’s Iconic Empire State Building on November 16​

October 25, 2022 • 3 min read
DOWNLOAD ASSETS

Spanning 23,000 square feet and three floors, Starbucks Reserve® Empire State Building® will introduce new experiences that celebrate connection over coffee
The store will offer exclusive, interactive coffee workshops and tasting flights as well as new coffee beverages, coffee-inspired cocktails and Princi food only available at the new location
Starbucks Coffee Company today announced plans to open a new Starbucks Reserve location spanning 23,000 square feet and three floors at the iconic Empire State Building in New York City. Starbucks Reserve® Empire State Building®, to open on Nov. 16, will be a one-of-a-kind destination that celebrates connecting over coffee through innovative coffee house experiences. The store will showcase the imagination of Starbucks with new and classic beverages crafted with Starbucks Reserve® coffee, immersive and imaginative hands-on workshops and tasting flights, and an extensive menu of Princi® shareable plates and entrees for all parts of the day.
“For almost three decades we have grown alongside the city of New York, where people from around the world gather to connect, explore, and share ideas. The Starbucks Reserve Empire State Building store will bring people together in this diverse and dynamic city over incredible coffee and food experiences that celebrate human connection, which is at the heart of the Starbucks Experience,” said Mark Ring, svp of U.S. retail at Starbucks.
Barista in brown apron with hand on espresso drink in martini glass

Share This Image
“It has been our privilege to partner with Starbucks on this fantastic space, which is an expression of their coffee culture and quality. Tenants and visitors to the Empire State Building – recently named Tripadvisor’s #1 attraction in the U.S. – will benefit from this amazing new store, as will everyone in the neighborhood,” said Anthony E. Malkin, chairman, president, and CEO at Empire State Realty Trust.

Coffee Innovation

The Starbucks Reserve Empire State Building store will feature customer favorites from the Starbucks menu – from espresso classics like lattes and cappuccinos, to Starbucks Reserve signature beverages such as the Hazelnut Bianco Latte, Whiskey Barrel Aged Cold Brew and Nitro Almondmilk Mocha. The menu will also include seasonal favorites like Pumpkin Spice Latte and Peppermint Mocha – all crafted with exquisite Starbucks Reserve® coffee.
The store will offer several brewing methods, keeping the theatre of coffee at the center of the Starbucks Reserve experience. This location will also be the only store to offer beverages crafted with Cold Pressed Espresso, a patented brewing technology designed by the Starbucks Research and Development team that uses cold water and gentle, upward pressure to unlock a softer, sweeter espresso shot, similar to a slow-steeped cold brew. The method of cold pressing espresso to order, which tastes exceptionally smooth, sweet, and full-bodied, will open many exciting possibilities for the future of cold craft coffee recipes.
Starbucks Reserve Nitro Almond Mocha in glass in front of green curtain

Share This Image

Bringing together the skills of bartender and barista in a single art, the Starbucks Reserve Empire State Building store will also offer a full cocktail and mixology menu featuring classic and signature cocktails such as espresso martinis, and new coffee-inspired cocktails exclusive to the store.

Connecting Over Coffee

Among the unique experiences offered at the store will be small group classes that provide hands-on learning grounded in coffee, beverage, and mixology craft. The interactive, ticketed classes will offer one-of-a-kind experiences led by Starbucks baristas and mixologists. The store will also feature multiple imaginative tasting flights and food pairings, which includes a flight that features new beverages made with Cold Pressed Espresso such as the new Iced Apple Americano and Sparkling Pistachio Cream Soda.
Princi, the exclusive food purveyor of Starbucks Reserve, shares a dedication to craft and deep belief in the power of great coffee and great food to bring people together. Complementing the beverage menus, the store will also feature a menu of curated, shareable plates and entrees for all parts of the day. Each guest will start their meal with a complimentary Starbucks Reserve coffee tasting, a nod to a longstanding Starbucks tradition of starting gatherings and meetings with a moment of connection over coffee.
The store, which is set to open on Nov. 16, will join the Starbucks Reserve store portfolio that includes six Starbucks Reserve Roasteries located in Seattle, Shanghai, Milan, New York, Tokyo, and Chicago, as well as Starbucks Reserve stores and bars around the world.
Starbucks heritage in New York City dates to 1994 and the company has operated stores in the Empire State Building since 2008. New York City continues to be a place where Starbucks introduces new store concepts and offers a variety of experiences – from the first Starbucks® Pickup store to the immersive Starbucks Reserve® Roastery New York located in the Meatpacking district.
Empire State Building with a rainbow behind it

Share This Image

About Starbucks
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with more than 35,000 stores worldwide, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at stories.starbucks.com, starbucksreserve.com or starbucks.com.
Share This Article
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share in email

MORE LIKE THIS​

PRESS RELEASES

New Starbucks Reserve Store in New York’s Iconic Empire State Building Unveiled​

Opening to the public on Nov. 16, store offers new, exclusive experiences such as hands-on coffee workshops, guided tasting flights, and an extended artisan menu of new Princi food.

© 2022 Starbucks Corporation. All rights reserved.

ROAD TRIP...ONLY A 1 HOUR DRIVE
COFFEE NIRVANA

Starbucks to Open New Store in New York City’s Iconic Empire State Building on November 16​

October 25, 2022 • 3 min read
DOWNLOAD ASSETS

Spanning 23,000 square feet and three floors, Starbucks Reserve® Empire State Building® will introduce new experiences that celebrate connection over coffee
The store will offer exclusive, interactive coffee workshops and tasting flights as well as new coffee beverages, coffee-inspired cocktails and Princi food only available at the new location
Starbucks Coffee Company today announced plans to open a new Starbucks Reserve location spanning 23,000 square feet and three floors at the iconic Empire State Building in New York City. Starbucks Reserve® Empire State Building®, to open on Nov. 16, will be a one-of-a-kind destination that celebrates connecting over coffee through innovative coffee house experiences. The store will showcase the imagination of Starbucks with new and classic beverages crafted with Starbucks Reserve® coffee, immersive and imaginative hands-on workshops and tasting flights, and an extensive menu of Princi® shareable plates and entrees for all parts of the day.
“For almost three decades we have grown alongside the city of New York, where people from around the world gather to connect, explore, and share ideas. The Starbucks Reserve Empire State Building store will bring people together in this diverse and dynamic city over incredible coffee and food experiences that celebrate human connection, which is at the heart of the Starbucks Experience,” said Mark Ring, svp of U.S. retail at Starbucks.
Barista in brown apron with hand on espresso drink in martini glass

Share This Image
“It has been our privilege to partner with Starbucks on this fantastic space, which is an expression of their coffee culture and quality. Tenants and visitors to the Empire State Building – recently named Tripadvisor’s #1 attraction in the U.S. – will benefit from this amazing new store, as will everyone in the neighborhood,” said Anthony E. Malkin, chairman, president, and CEO at Empire State Realty Trust.

Coffee Innovation

The Starbucks Reserve Empire State Building store will feature customer favorites from the Starbucks menu – from espresso classics like lattes and cappuccinos, to Starbucks Reserve signature beverages such as the Hazelnut Bianco Latte, Whiskey Barrel Aged Cold Brew and Nitro Almondmilk Mocha. The menu will also include seasonal favorites like Pumpkin Spice Latte and Peppermint Mocha – all crafted with exquisite Starbucks Reserve® coffee.
The store will offer several brewing methods, keeping the theatre of coffee at the center of the Starbucks Reserve experience. This location will also be the only store to offer beverages crafted with Cold Pressed Espresso, a patented brewing technology designed by the Starbucks Research and Development team that uses cold water and gentle, upward pressure to unlock a softer, sweeter espresso shot, similar to a slow-steeped cold brew. The method of cold pressing espresso to order, which tastes exceptionally smooth, sweet, and full-bodied, will open many exciting possibilities for the future of cold craft coffee recipes.
Starbucks Reserve Nitro Almond Mocha in glass in front of green curtain

Share This Image

Bringing together the skills of bartender and barista in a single art, the Starbucks Reserve Empire State Building store will also offer a full cocktail and mixology menu featuring classic and signature cocktails such as espresso martinis, and new coffee-inspired cocktails exclusive to the store.

Connecting Over Coffee

Among the unique experiences offered at the store will be small group classes that provide hands-on learning grounded in coffee, beverage, and mixology craft. The interactive, ticketed classes will offer one-of-a-kind experiences led by Starbucks baristas and mixologists. The store will also feature multiple imaginative tasting flights and food pairings, which includes a flight that features new beverages made with Cold Pressed Espresso such as the new Iced Apple Americano and Sparkling Pistachio Cream Soda.
Princi, the exclusive food purveyor of Starbucks Reserve, shares a dedication to craft and deep belief in the power of great coffee and great food to bring people together. Complementing the beverage menus, the store will also feature a menu of curated, shareable plates and entrees for all parts of the day. Each guest will start their meal with a complimentary Starbucks Reserve coffee tasting, a nod to a longstanding Starbucks tradition of starting gatherings and meetings with a moment of connection over coffee.
The store, which is set to open on Nov. 16, will join the Starbucks Reserve store portfolio that includes six Starbucks Reserve Roasteries located in Seattle, Shanghai, Milan, New York, Tokyo, and Chicago, as well as Starbucks Reserve stores and bars around the world.
Starbucks heritage in New York City dates to 1994 and the company has operated stores in the Empire State Building since 2008. New York City continues to be a place where Starbucks introduces new store concepts and offers a variety of experiences – from the first Starbucks® Pickup store to the immersive Starbucks Reserve® Roastery New York located in the Meatpacking district.
Empire State Building with a rainbow behind it

Share This Image

About Starbucks
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with more than 35,000 stores worldwide, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at stories.starbucks.com, starbucksreserve.com or starbucks.com.
Share This Article
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share in email

MORE LIKE THIS​

PRESS RELEASES

New Starbucks Reserve Store in New York’s Iconic Empire State Building Unveiled

Opening to the public on Nov. 16, store offers new, exclusive experiences such as hands-on coffee workshops, guided tasting flights, and an extended artisan menu of new Princi food.

© 2022 Starbucks Corporation. All rights reserved.
I like to see this place

Back