testtest

Need Hellcat OSP Screws

Vzw2828

Alpha
Hello, everyone. I am looking for replacement screws for the OSP plate on the Hellcat. The 2 screws holding the OSP plate on started coming loose after the first range day so I added some blue Loctite on them. However, the screws back themselves out again recently. Both screws fell out but I was only able to find one of them.

I haven’t been able to find replacement screws online anywhere. Does anyone have a place where I might be able to buy them? Thank you.

Hello, everyone. I am looking for replacement screws for the OSP plate on the Hellcat. The 2 screws holding the OSP plate on started coming loose after the first range day so I added some blue Loctite on them. However, the screws back themselves out again recently. Both screws fell out but I was only able to find one of them.

I haven’t been able to find replacement screws online anywhere. Does anyone have a place where I might be able to buy them? Thank you.
Sometimes a local hardware store will carry small screws. Just ask and they might help?

Call customer service at 1-800- 680-6866 you might be able to purchase those replacement screws caution never put Red or Blue Loctite on those small screws Green is what you should have used just hand tight a quarter turn is what I used and I have put over 500 rounds of +P thru my XDM OSP and it's still tight. Sounds like you might have overtightened the screws and stripped them or stripped the screw holes most likely its the screws I am surprised with blue Loctite you did not have to heat the screws with a heat gun to remove them Blue or Red Loctite your asking for trouble then you have to buy a tap set.

And let it cure for 24 hours just in case.
Yup, I let my green Loctite sit 24 hours before use good advice sounds like he stripped the threads installing it sometimes stripped thread will remain tight until vibration hits it and it falls out. Some also use a brand called thread locker and some even use nothing but anti-seize compound.

Everyone, thank you so much for your replies here. I will call their customer service line tomorrow and inquire about replacement screws. I appreciate the help on this as I’m a new gun owner as of February of this year but now I have 4 pistols and an AR-15 though. HA!

@EL LOBO, I tried screwing in the one screw I have left in each of the threads and it secures nicely so the threads appear to be in good shape. I guess I need some green Loctite on it and will allow it to cure for 24 hours to make sure it doesn’t happen again...although I’m sure I’ll be inspecting the screws after each mag at the range from now on. HA! Thanks again!

Everyone, thank you so much for your replies here. I will call their customer service line tomorrow and inquire about replacement screws. I appreciate the help on this as I’m a new gun owner as of February of this year but now I have 4 pistols and an AR-15 though. HA!

@EL LOBO, I tried screwing in the one screw I have left in each of the threads and it secures nicely so the threads appear to be in good shape. I guess I need some green Loctite on it and will allow it to cure for 24 hours to make sure it doesn’t happen again...although I’m sure I’ll be inspecting the screws after each mag at the range from now on. HA! Thanks again!

Blow some air into those screw holes first to remove grease or oil make sure they are dry then apply Green Loctite or weaver sure thread with a q-tip to the screw threads. I hope you enjoy the shooting sports can I suggest you contact your state Wildlife management DNR to take an NRA SAFE HUNTER COURSE its a Firearms safety course. In some states it's free some states charge a small fee, Tell us how you like the little Springfield Armory Hell Cat 9mm did you enjoy shooting it? What OSP sight do you have? Congratulations on the ownership of the New Springfield Armory Hell Cat Micro Compact 9mm pistol its, in my opinion, the Best Micro Compact 9MM Pistol on the market it's head and shoulders above the others . I call it the KING of micro Compact 9mm Pistols loaded with features and safety. I am sure customer service will be able to help you out they are the best I have experienced in the firearms industry thus far.

Last edited:

Be very aware the length of those screws is very important on the Hellcat. If they're ordered from SA specifically for the Hellcat, they will likely be the correct length. The 'meat' on the back of the Hellcat slide is not real thick and the clearance under it is limited and critical. The screws from SA may or may not be exactly right unless they are used with the sights named by SA. Be sure to tell SA what sight you're using. The mounting plates for various other brands of sights can vary in thickness in either direction. Too short screws will likely either strip out the mounting holes or not hold well, even with some kind of locking fluid, and if too long will likely cause interference of the slide to the pistol.

Just a couple things to ponder!

regards,
jumpinjoe

I hope you enjoy the shooting sports can I suggest you contact your state Wildlife management DNR to take an NRA SAFE HUNTER COURSE its a Firearms safety course. In some states it's free some states charge a small fee, Tell us how you like the little Springfield Armory Hell Cat 9mm did you enjoy shooting it? What OSP sight do you have? Congratulations on the ownership of the New Springfield Armory Hell Cat Micro Compact 9mm pistol its, in my opinion, the Best Micro Compact 9MM Pistol on the market it's head and shoulders above the others . I call it the KING of micro Compact 9mm Pistols loaded with features and safety. I am sure customer service will be able to help you out they are the best I have experienced in the firearms industry thus far.
A good friend of mine is a Lt with our local police department and he’s been training me and my wife on everything. We were both very intimidated by guns in the beginning but he taught us basic safety fundamentals that really took our worries away. Lots of range time and dry fire practice so we’ve been pretty proficient in a short length of time. And the shooting range is a fun hobby for us both to enjoy.
My first pistol was the HK VP9 Tactical and I love that pistol. Great for home protection and I have a light on it as well. Feels great to shoot! I also got a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ in 9mm for my wife at the same time. It’s very easy for her to rack the slide on that model.
I then got the Sig P365 which I really love for concealed carry. Since I liked that size so much, I figured I’d get the Hellcat just for fun. Ha! Like one brown belt and one black belt. Both are great guns but the Hellcat is definitely my favorite. If the Hellcat is a 10, the P365 is a 9.5. Close....but the Hellcat is the winner. I think it’s a little better looking to me (meatier design), better grip, love the flat trigger, it fits my hand a little better than the Sig, it’s got 1 extra round in the mag, and it has a trigger safety whereas the P365 does not. Also, the Sig’s trigger gets pretty hot at the range after firing 150 or so rounds which makes it uncomfortable to shoot any longer. I don’t feel any heat transfer issues on the Hellcat. The Hellcat is my EDC but I’ll switch to the Sig every now and then just to mix it up.
I also just bought my first (and probably not my last) AR-15 a few weeks ago which is the Saint Edge Rifle. It is a fantastic boomstick! Being new to guns, I didn’t want to toy around with building one or worrying about upgrades. My Lt buddy recommended getting the Saint with the included factory upgrades that most people end up getting anyway and that was a great decision. It’s a lot of fun to shoot!

Be very aware the length of those screws is very important on the Hellcat. If they're ordered from SA specifically for the Hellcat, they will likely be the correct length. The 'meat' on the back of the Hellcat slide is not real thick and the clearance under it is limited and critical. The screws from SA may or may not be exactly right unless they are used with the sights named by SA. Be sure to tell SA what sight you're using. The mounting plates for various other brands of sights can vary in thickness in either direction. Too short screws will likely either strip out the mounting holes or not hold well, even with some kind of locking fluid, and if too long will likely cause interference of the slide to the pistol.

regards,
jumpinjoe
Very good info here. Thank you! I’ll definitely make sure I get the screws from Springfield to make sure!

regards,
jumpinjoe
GOOD POINT Joe !

I’m learning a lot here. Thanks for the info on the screwdriver set and torque wrench! That will probably help my issue here!
One additional thing here needs mentioning ....

That is it appears the screws shown on the SA site are simple 6 sided (Allen screw) hex key heads. Some, depending on supplier might very well be a 'Torx' head screw. The reason that's important to know is because some of us whose old eyes are not what they used to be can easily mistake the 'Torx' head for a very small 'Allen' head screw. When that happens and you're trying to find the correct 'Allen' key size, you'll invariably strip out the 'Torx' lugs in the head of the screw.

Trust me it will happen. I've read a couple threads on this very site where that has happened to some unsuspecting folks. With old, worn out eyes, the 'Torx' head looks extremely like a very small 'Allen' head screw and actually feels like it until it strips. Once that happens, you've potentially got a real problem on your hands. Being forewarned is being forearmed.

On edit: To correct a spelling error.

regards,
jumpinjoe

Last edited:
Back