testtest

Need Hellcat OSP Screws

GOOD POINT Joe !
Thank you. I love it when new gun owners come aboard and have the gumption to ask about those things they don't yet quite understand. I'm even more impressed with those same folks who are taking advantage of the proper training of the firearms they have chosen.

So, anytime I see a potential problem ahead for these folks, I try my best to offer whatever help I can. Over many years I've been fortunate enough to have worked with and taught many, many folks of all shapes and sizes with all manners of varying experience. I'm proud to say that in every case I'm aware of I've helped some newbies, and some oldies for that matter, leave my classes with a much better understanding of the situation they were stepping into, that of a gun owner, and especially where a CCW was involved.

There's not much of anything in the world that can disappoint a new gun owner anymore than having a brand new gun break or fail, even when it's not really the gun's fault. More often than not the newbies don't even realize what may have been the real issues, and want to blame the gun. Then that same disappointment in the gun crosses over into the appropriate safety training on guns in general and they'll quit. I hate when that happens since it's sometimes so difficult to convince the newbie to stick it out with their repaired gun.

regards,
jumpinjoe

Thank you. I love it when new gun owners come aboard and have the gumption to ask about those things they don't yet quite understand. I'm even more impressed with those same folks who are taking advantage of the proper training of the firearms they have chosen.

So, anytime I see a potential problem ahead for these folks, I try my best to offer whatever help I can. Over many years I've been fortunate enough to have worked with and taught many, many folks of all shapes and sizes with all manners of varying experience. I'm proud to say that in every case I'm aware of I've helped some newbies, and some oldies for that matter, leave my classes with a much better understanding of the situation they were stepping into, that of a gun owner, and especially where a CCW was involved.

There's not much of anything in the world that can disappoint a new gun owner anymore than having a brand new gun break or fail, even when it's not really the gun's fault. More often than not the newbies don't even realize what may have been the real issues, and want to blame the gun. Then that same disappointment in the gun crosses over into the appropriate safety training on guns in general and they'll quit. I hate when that happens since it's sometimes so difficult to convince the newbie to stick it out with their repaired gun.

regards,
jumpinjoe
Thank you, jumpinjoe, and everyone else here for helping out. It’s great to know that we are all likeminded people who are willing to help! I’ve learned a lot through this one post here so I really, really appreciate everyone’s help!

I wanted to provide a great update here. I just spoke with Springfield customer service and they were FANTASTIC. Very nice and willing to help. They asked for my serial number and if I registered my pistol for the warranty (which I did). They were able to pull up my information and will be sending me 2 new screws under warranty. WAHOO! Super easy and the call was less than 5 minutes long. Perfect!

I also have the green Surethread ordered so I should be back to 100% within the next week.

As a side note, I also had some loose screws on my Saint Edge rifle (free floating handrail screws and trigger screws). Unfortunately though, I lost one of the screws on the anti-walk pins there too about a week ago. It’s not great that I experienced this on two Springfield guns but I see it as a good thing because it’s got me inspecting my guns prior to and after shooting now which is a good thing. Losing these screws is a small bump in the road but I feel that the extra inspections will make everything that much safer for me going forward.

I ended up going with a new anti-walk system that uses a clip instead of screws to avoid any future issues with that. These small issues don’t detract from the enjoyment I’ve had with the guns though. Shooting the guns results in lots of vibration so things are going to need tweaking from time to time. I consider myself lucky that these issues happened on the gun range and not when I really needed them most! I’ll just add my inspections to my pre- and post-shooting checklists to stay in front of any potential issues.

Again...thank you all!!

Joe

GOOD POINT Joe !
Springfield Armory Store has the correct screws, part number HC6070. You get 2 screws (7.5mm, allen) and the allen wrench- $4.99 as of today, with FREE shipping. I want to point out one thing-- if you look closely at the picture on their site, these are 10.9 load rated-- VERY important! That 10.9 rating is the 2nd highest rating in the metric system If you decide to go out on your own, you might want to respect that rating-- el cheapo screws will bite you, and possibly your weapon. And, yes, I have this kit on my Hellcat, shooting 147 +P, with no problems whatsoever. I did install with blue loctite, but YMMV. The RMSc I installed came with 8mm screws, but they exceeded the install specs in the Hellcat manual, which says screws should protrude only .094" below the bottom of the site. The 8mm go about double that...
Hope this adds a little. Yes, I'm a newbie-- hope that isn't held against me!

Hello, everyone. I am looking for replacement screws for the OSP plate on the Hellcat. The 2 screws holding the OSP plate on started coming loose after the first range day so I added some blue Loctite on them. However, the screws back themselves out again recently. Both screws fell out but I was only able to find one of them.

I haven’t been able to find replacement screws online anywhere. Does anyone have a place where I might be able to buy them? Thank you.
BorGsnd
Hello I suggest you contact Springfield they have a kit that they can send you exactly for that particular feature if you did not get your scope from them that is why the screws are too short they will send you an Allen key along with the two screws. Hope that was some help

Springfield Armory Store has the correct screws, part number HC6070. You get 2 screws (7.5mm, allen) and the allen wrench- $4.99 as of today, with FREE shipping. I want to point out one thing-- if you look closely at the picture on their site, these are 10.9 load rated-- VERY important! That 10.9 rating is the 2nd highest rating in the metric system If you decide to go out on your own, you might want to respect that rating-- el cheapo screws will bite you, and possibly your weapon. And, yes, I have this kit on my Hellcat, shooting 147 +P, with no problems whatsoever. I did install with blue loctite, but YMMV. The RMSc I installed came with 8mm screws, but they exceeded the install specs in the Hellcat manual, which says screws should protrude only .094" below the bottom of the site. The 8mm go about double that...
Hope this adds a little. Yes, I'm a newbie-- hope that isn't held against me!
That is not what he needs. What you are referring to is the mounting hardware for a red dot sight. He needs the 2 little screws that hold the removable plate the Hellcat comes with. You take it off if you want to mount the Shield red dot sight to it for example. The screws are a lot smaller than that.

Does anyone happen to know what the specs are on the plate screws so I can just stop by lowes or fastenal and see if I can find them instead of having to order them?

Does anyone happen to know what the specs are on the plate screws so I can just stop by lowes or fastenal and see if I can find them instead of having to order them?
The plate screws are M4-.07 flat head Torx T-10 screws that are 2 mm long with a head of 2 mm wide. The factory screws come pre-coated with blue Locktite. Maximum screw depth allowed below the mounting plate or sight is 0.095” (2.4mm). The torque value is 9 in/lbs.

Hardware store screws have a wider head that will not fit flush with the plate. That means you will need to add about 1mm of screw length to the length of the factory screw. As an example, I mounted my RomeoZero to my Hellcat using the following screws from Amazon:

Prime-Line 9121136 Machine Screws, Metric, Flat Head, Phillips Drive, M4-0.7 X 8MM, Grade A2-70 Stainless Steel, 10-Pack
I later found the same screws at a True Value hardware store in black.

Good luck on your quest.

Last edited:
The plate screws are M4-.07 flat head Torx T-10 screws that are 2 mm long with a head of 2 mm wide. The factory screws come pre-coated with blue Locktite. Maximum screw depth allowed below the mounting plate or sight is 0.095” (2.4mm). The torque value is 9 in/lbs.

Hardware store screws have a wider head that will not fit flush with the plate. That means you will need to add about 1mm of screw length to the length of the factory screw. As an example, I mounted my RomeoZero to my Hellcat using the following screws from Amazon:

Prime-Line 9121136 Machine Screws, Metric, Flat Head, Phillips Drive, M4-0.7 X 8MM, Grade A2-70 Stainless Steel, 10-Pack
I later found the same screws at a True Value hardware store in black.

Good luck on your quest.
Thank you. By the sound of it I may just be better calling Springfield. Maybe?

Back