testtest

Need some advice food storage

Some might say the people who hoard food and forego guns and ammo are just storing food for those with guns.
Brother... I am a realist. Self defense is a legit concern generally and even more so during any sort of crisis where the fabric of society has become strained. That said.. a person is not likely to have the occasion to use 50 guns and 40k of ammo during some invisioned mad-max scenario. I am not sure how many gun fights a person expects to successfully navigate during said mad-max scenario but odds are against it being very many. There are way too many people who focus on guns and ammo and not enough about the things that are most likely to take you down.

Reasonably meeting a persons self defense concerns is probably not more in depth than what you carry on your person and having the training to best exploit conditions in your favor. That SD loadout is not likely to resemble any sort of hoard or stockpile. If a person had a decent personal loadout... I say check the box and move on to food, water, medical, fuel, communications, mobility and those things necessary to sustain yourself unassisted.

Brother... I am a realist. Self defense is a legit concern generally and even more so during any sort of crisis where the fabric of society has become strained. That said.. a person is not likely to have the occasion to use 50 guns and 40k of ammo during some invisioned mad-max scenario. I am not sure how many gun fights a person expects to successfully navigate during said mad-max scenario but odds are against it being very many. There are way too many people who focus on guns and ammo and not enough about the things that are most likely to take you down.

Reasonably meeting a persons self defense concerns is probably not more in depth than what you carry on your person and having the training to best exploit conditions in your favor. That SD loadout is not likely to resemble any sort of hoard or stockpile. If a person had a decent personal loadout... I say check the box and move on to food, water, medical, fuel, communications, mobility and those things necessary to sustain yourself unassisted.
I'm certainly not overlooking the need to have drinkable water and plenty of food. And while I'm prepared with stuff I can move fast in the event a "Load out" becomes necessary ( baptism by fire in fact, but that's another story) my plans are to remain where I am. And I will not be the only person on the premises. And I will not be the only person I will need to arm and supply. And being a realist myself I totally understand that in the event the highly unlikely does occur, someone is going to have to make hard, brutally unfair decisions if people are going to survive. I like most of my neighbors ( They are few and far between out here) but I will not be dealing with supporting them in anyway, other than the 2 other households that are my kin. I'm not going to go anymore in depth into that, but I will say it is something I have considered and will not hesitate to do what I have to do to survive and make sure my family survives, even at the expense of other people.

I don't have an extensive plan, but I have about 3 months or so of freeze dried food and I rotate cases of beans, spam, giant Costco jars of peanut butter, etc.,
I think in a pinch, I've probably got 6 months worth of food. It's water I worry about. I have a lot of containers, but there will probably be a finite (and short) amount of time to fill all available vessels with water once the S hits the F.

Take a look at these guys for high quality 25 year survival food. Their main selling point is they pack in a days worth of nutrients into 2 meals. Vitamins, minerals- all the stuff you’re not getting from run of the mill survival foods.

I completely agree with your questioning the sheer quantity of weapons and ammo in the 'real' world. I unintentionally got into a tiff with a guy in a forum when I asked why he 'needed' 100,000 rounds of ammunition. He was offended. To your point, if you last until you've shot 500, you're special. Rambo, indeed. I suspect that if the S ever hits TF, there are going to be a lot of dead MF'ers leaving stockpiles of weapons and ammo for the scavengers.

I completely agree with your questioning the sheer quantity of weapons and ammo in the 'real' world. I unintentionally got into a tiff with a guy in a forum when I asked why he 'needed' 100,000 rounds of ammunition. He was offended. To your point, if you last until you've shot 500, you're special. Rambo, indeed.
Well, don't forget that while an adequate supply of ammo will absolutely be preferable, in the meantime, before any SHTF, many of us still shoot and train extensively. I have a feeling if I told you how much shotgun ammo I go through a month you wouldn't believe me. What I'm saying is a guy can have a lot of ammo, but it could be that it is always being rotated so that you can make it through your regular shooting habits in the event of another "Ammo scare", Plandemic or whatever. And never think the the government is incapable of disrupting or stopping completely the flow of ammo if they so choose. 100,000 rounds of ammo on hand at any time doesn't seem particularly unreasonable to me.

Back