testtest

Need some advice with garrison

Randy_Mac

Elite
I have a garrison pretty new have about 200 or so rounds down it. Been shooting 124 grain. I loaded some Fiocchi 124 gr defense dynamics. Shot the first round second round did not go into full battery . I tried to pull the slide back and it wouldn't budge. I had to get a pine board and push down on the edge of the slide to get it loose. Tried again this time I fired on different mag same ammo, was able to pull the s.ide back but it took everthing I had . Run some steel through it run perfect then ran some other 124 ball ammo did it with one round then ran good?? Any help would be appreciated

20220623_184439.jpg
This is it 4 different ammo and mags

I have a garrison pretty new have about 200 or so rounds down it. Been shooting 124 grain. I loaded some Fiocchi 124 gr defense dynamics. Shot the first round second round did not go into full battery . I tried to pull the slide back and it wouldn't budge. I had to get a pine board and push down on the edge of the slide to get it loose. Tried again this time I fired on different mag same ammo, was able to pull the s.ide back but it took everthing I had . Run some steel through it run perfect then ran some other 124 ball ammo did it with one round then ran good?? Any help would be appreciated
Have you noticed any bulge in the spent cases?

WOW, my first thought was bulged ammo like 10mm said, also just wondering if that ammo is out of spec. Meaning its to long for the guns chamber. Have you tried any other brand of ammo since you shot the Fiocchi? My only other thought if its not the ammo, maybe its the extractor.

WOW, my first thought was bulged ammo like 10mm said, also just wondering if that ammo is out of spec. Meaning its to long for the guns chamber. Have you tried any other brand of ammo since you shot the Fiocchi? My only other thought if its not the ammo, maybe its the extractor.
I've tried 4 diffrent kinds but I think have some good ammo brb

I'd recommend you call SA customer service and send your pistol in for service or take it to a local smith to have it checked out.

Springfield customer service warranty repair is free for the lifetime of the firearm.
Yea, something isn't kosher there, give Springer a call.

Back