testtest

New 911 Owner

EBJIII

Operator
I just picked a new in box 911 .380 with the Viridium grip. I have read a lot about the feed issues, and am now concerned. Many of the self-fixes involve polishing the ramp to remove roughness. I took the barrel out and the ramp is almost mirror-smooth. Either Springfield already fixed it, or it was a good production run. I'll take it to the range this weekend with fingers crossed. I have no issue sending back if it isn't working properly. Is it possible they have or are fixing the known issue?

I just picked a new in box 911 .380 with the Viridium grip. I have read a lot about the feed issues, and am now concerned. Many of the self-fixes involve polishing the ramp to remove roughness. I took the barrel out and the ramp is almost mirror-smooth. Either Springfield already fixed it, or it was a good production run. I'll take it to the range this weekend with fingers crossed. I have no issue sending back if it isn't working properly. Is it possible they have or are fixing the known issue?
Springfield does know of the issues and the way to fix them quickly if needed. Matter of fact the later line of the 911 already has the problems fixed and you can tell it’s later line by serial number. If your serial number is CC0091XXX or greater then your good already. However don’t be discouraged if it’s less then that. The amount of “problem” guns is limited in comparison to the amount Springfield put out.

Thanks, KL. My S/N starts with CC0072, so it wouldn't appear to be a recent enough vintage. I'll give it a try out this weekend and update the post. Knowing there may be an issue going in, I can be ready for it and not be overly disappointed/frustrated.
Being a CC0072 I’m willing to bet you probably won’t have the issues.

Question is yours an Alpha model?

No, sir. Ambi-saftey.

Attachments

• 911.jpg
    911.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 152
Finally had an opportunity to take the gun out for it's first range visit. 200+ rounds cycled through 5 at a time absolutely flawlessly. Zero feed issues, as accurate a gun at 3-5-7 yards as I've ever fired. May buy another just because.

Related question...I seem to have lost one go the grip screw washers. I don't see an online store on the S-A website for small parts like this, any recommendations for a supply?

Ive had the 911 380 for maybe 2 months now with a lot of ammo going through it , no feed issues . My serial number last 3 numbers 004. Im actually giving it to my son, I bought a P938 coming this week but love this little gun

Back