testtest

New EDC life phase

A complete strong arm shoulder replacement has made it difficult draw from my 3 O'clock zero cant OWB holster. The surgeon is happy with the results but, I can no longer access my strong side rear pocket. I feel it might work if the holster was lowered couple inches but in FL my outer garment is usually a T-shirt and the holster would stick out from under the shirt. I am not fond of IWB appendix carry even though I have never discharged my pistol in my holster. So for all of those who have had a strong side shoulder replacement "Thanks in advance" for your ideas and suggestions.

I switched to appendix carry not too long ago. Month or two maybe. I practiced ( with an unloaded pistol) for a few weeks before I went live. The main difference is extra care on the reholster.

My shoulders are fine and I can reach whatever I need to, but appendix is the only way to go really as far as IWB.

OWB you could do cross draw. It's a little slower, but not that much.

A complete strong arm shoulder replacement has made it difficult draw from my 3 O'clock zero cant OWB holster. The surgeon is happy with the results but, I can no longer access my strong side rear pocket. I feel it might work if the holster was lowered couple inches but in FL my outer garment is usually a T-shirt and the holster would stick out from under the shirt. I am not fond of IWB appendix carry even though I have never discharged my pistol in my holster. So for all of those who have had a strong side shoulder replacement "Thanks in advance" for your ideas and suggestions.
Any way possible to learn to shoot left hand. Make that your new “strong hand” ?

Im left eye dom, right handed.
Learned to shoot pistols both hands

I’ve pocket carried for a number of years. J frame smith or a 938 Sig in a Mika holster will disappear in the front pocket of Levi’s signature jeans. Pockets are nice and deep and you can draw very quickly from that position when standing. A side benefit is “hands in the front pocket” looks harmless, but you are positioned to quickly draw your firearm.

Any way possible to learn to shoot left hand. Make that your new “strong hand” ?

Im left eye dom, right handed.
Learned to shoot pistols both hands
This is why I recommend folks practice with their off hand. Not because of some shot in the arm scenario but more likely we all will have some type of surgery in our lifetime on an arm/shoulder carpal tunnel or a simple broken arm.

That said Appendix carry is a viable option and while Hackathorn exploded the internet a couple weeks ago there was truth in his words. A hammer fired auto you really have to try and have an AD over a striker. So depending on your gun if you’re uncomfortable with a Stryker possibly change guns. If you run a Glock the striker plate has proven popular with some and would keep an AD from happening at least when holstering.

Good luck

1000000097.jpg

?

By a large majority, most of my carry is a S&W Model 642 .38 Special in an Aholster in the right front pocket. I also have a Sig 239 in .40 which is the only S/A that I will carry AIWB. Pocket carry, AIWB or cross-draw seem to be your options. I doubt whether a shoulder holster would be the answer if you're deep in FL unless you don't perspire much.

Iwb appendix is not for me, I’ve tried and I don’t find it comfortable. However, in hot weather, I do enjoy me some Fanny Pack carry. Sure it might not be considered cool, but it conceals well, and with a little practice and the right pack, you can still have an effective draw.

I have young kids, so it also allows me to readily pack extra items as well.

Iwb appendix is not for me, I’ve tried and I don’t find it comfortable. However, in hot weather, I do enjoy me some Fanny Pack carry. Sure it might not be considered cool, but it conceals well, and with a little practice and the right pack, you can still have an effective draw.

I have young kids, so it also allows me to readily pack extra items as well.

Good idea! I didn't even think about fanny packs. That may be a good option for usnret30. The more modern ones have the buckle near the front so people can't unclip it and do a 'pull & run.' I really like the Vertx Everyday Fanny Pack and would have bought one -save for a minor disagreement with their Customer Service about whether it was on sale during the Shot Show. In fact the Amazon link has them at what would have been the sales price I wanted.

You can even add some morale patches to make them more "non-threatening.":unsure:
patch.jpg

Hi,

I've never tried one but the Urban Carry holsters are supposed to be comfortable. It could be worn cross-draw if necessary. It's still basically IWB but below the belt line.

Here: https://urbancarryholsters.com/below-waistband-deep-concealment-holster

A cross-draw bellyband might work for you too, Mr. @usnret30. Or a shoulder holster? Forgive me if you've considered these already, just offering options. ;)

And thank you for your service. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back