testtest

New Emissary

well, good thing i didn't respond to this thread.
Same issue, did a lot of web based research on it. My salesman didn't mention holding the mag release. Common problem, not just with the Emissary but will 1911s from a variety of manufacturers. I didn't want to force anything so I took off the slide and watched carefully. I could see that the mag was hanging up on the release. Lots of advice out there. A sharp rap on the base of the slide gets mine past the release, or depress it slightly. Sharp clean corners on everything: The mags themselves, the release. The edges on the mags and the release will both wear slightly with use and the problem usually solves itself, until you buy a new magazine. Some shooters file edges on the mags or the bottom side of the mag release, very little filing - just breaking edges. Some use a bit of grease on the release. I'm going with the sharp rap for now, not sure I'm up to filing anything at this point.

Just got a 9mm. Yep, have the mag stop issue about where the mag release is. Does it with the factory mags and the other MecGar’s I bought. All unloaded.

I’m considering sending it in…I NEVER had to think about sitting on the couch and running a mag in/out of a NIB gun from Springfield.

No issues with my Gov 45 Emissary.
Has anyone tried the 9 mm version and run into this issue

Back