testtest

New Federal pistol round, 30 Super Carry

shanneba

Custom
Introducing 30 Super Carry

FP_P30HST1S_30SuperCarryHSTJHP_R%20copy.png

Layer1.png

Initially available firearm models include the Nighthawk Custom President and GRP and the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield™ Plus and Shield EZ®.

This round should work very well for its intended purpose.

The 100 grain expanding bullet is a good balance between weight (recoil) and effectiveness against 150 lb class game.

Time will tell us if the large bores prejudice can be overcome.

I see a lot of hype, not so much on prices. I look forward to testing data once the guns become available. Will this be like the .327, 5.7 x 28, or the .45 Gap?

I think the only way this new round be relevant and actually make it is that it will need to be close in cost to the 9mm considering 9mm will be the closest competition in terms of self defense calibers and this probably won't disrupt the .45acp carry market much.

This new round reminds me of the failed .45GAP round that has pretty much gone the way of the dodo.

So 2 more rounds will fit in a mag? How? the barrel is not adjustable. For the round to fit proper......should it not be very little clearance around cartridge in the barrel? If it is smaller! Just not getting the physics.

So 2 more rounds will fit in a mag? How? the barrel is not adjustable. For the round to fit proper......should it not be very little clearance around cartridge in the barrel? If it is smaller! Just not getting the physics.
It's a narrower diameter round allowing more rounds to stack in the mag.

Kinda like .40cal vs .45acp where you will fit more .40cal rounds in the same style platform.

The 9mm is a .38 caliber bullet diameter and this new round is a .30 caliber bullet hence more rounds in the same platform.

Last edited:
Back