testtest

New for 2021: Heckler & Koch HK416D

I've seen these in a few different LGS's and even Bass Pro.

Cool look though personally I'm not into the .22lr dedicated AR style rifles like this or the M&P 22lr as they are usually inflated in price with limited aftermarket support when it comes to performance upgrades or magazines.

A .22lr conversion for the AR-15 platform can be had for less money which is basically a bolt and mag swap and can be done in minutes.

The 10/22 platform greatly out performs these modern sporting rifle clones.

I've seen these in a few different LGS's and even Bass Pro.

Cool look though personally I'm not into the .22lr dedicated AR style rifles like this or the M&P 22lr as they are usually inflated in price with limited aftermarket support when it comes to performance upgrades or magazines.

A .22lr conversion for the AR-15 platform can be had for less money which is basically a bolt and mag swap and can be done in minutes.

The 10/22 platform greatly out performs these modern sporting rifle clones.
Unless you get a dedicated .22 barrel, the usual AR twist rates (1:7-1:9) usually don’t work well with rimfire weights & velocities (well, maybe if you have an original SP-1)...accuracy is usually less than stellar with conversions.

And I think that’ll depend on the 10/22—and the clone; I’ve seen the Sig branded, Hammerli built clones be absolute tack drivers, all for $400–easily hanging with a 10/22 bull barrel of comparable price, outshooting by far the bargain model 10/22’s.

Unless you get a dedicated .22 barrel, the usual AR twist rates (1:7-1:9) usually don’t work well with rimfire weights & velocities (well, maybe if you have an original SP-1)...accuracy is usually less than stellar with conversions.

And I think that’ll depend on the 10/22—and the clone; I’ve seen the Sig branded, Hammerli built clones be absolute tack drivers, all for $400–easily hanging with a 10/22 bull barrel of comparable price, outshooting by far the bargain model 10/22’s.
Tac-Sol also makes a really nice 10/22 clone that can't can't be beat for the price and there's also many Ruger variants of the 10/22 and their clones form bargain to high end such as the Thompson TCR-22, Winchester Wildcat, Volquartsen and a few others which only reinforces the Ruger 10/22 as being the premier rifle to use as a base to improve upon.

The AR, Kriss, Scar, other modern .22lr rifle clones are mostly for the tacticool guys who are more drawn by the aesthetic's than function.

The basic 10/22 can be had for $199.00 and built to something pretty impressive in the $400.00 - $500.00 range if one wanted to upgrade or you can go full bore and put more cash into it for a competition level rifle.

The 416 .22lr is actually made by an Umarex (airgun company) with HK badging.

Last edited:
Tac-Sol also makes a really nice 10/22 clone that can't can't be beat for the price and there's also many Ruger variants of the 10/22 and their clones form bargain to high end such as the Thompson TCR-22, Winchester Wildcat, Volquartsen and a few others which only reinforces the Ruger 10/22 as being the premier rifle to use as a base to improve upon.

The AR, Kriss, Scar, other modern .22lr rifle clones are mostly for the tacticool guys who are more drawn by the aesthetic's than function.

The basic 10/22 can be had for $199.00 and built to something pretty impressive in the $400.00 - $500.00 range if one wanted to upgrade or you can go full bore and put more cash into it for a competition level rifle.

The 416 .22lr is actually made by an Umarex (airgun company) with HK badging.
Most of the guys that I know who run the dedicated AR22’s are running them for .22 training analogues for times when ammo is scarce...as it is currently. It’s the reason I have the MP5/22, myself—also made by Walther/Umarex, and has been a solid trainer for thousands (tens of thousands? Honestly haven’t kept track in the past 10 years or so I’ve had it) of rounds.

I’ve got a worked-up 10/22...that I’ve got twice in (before optics) what one of these AR22’s runs...but about the only original parts are the bolt & receiver...the rack grade 10/22’s are serviceable, but that’s about it.

New rifle from H&K for 2021....nice looking .22 lr

Love it, I've tried to find one for awhile now. Really want to get a HK416 Pistol but not for $799, I'm looking at the alternative conversion kits, CMMG has had one out for years now and is decent, hard to clean, but now the key is quick swap blow a few 556 through it and blows most of the dirt from 22s out, then makes cleaning 10x easier. Would love a Springfield option...hint hint mods!

Back