testtest

New Handgun Suggestion

OK, I hope you guys are happy! I wasn't even looking for a new gun and you guys made me go and order a TX22 from Kentucky Gun Co. So that means you guys have until the end of next week to tell me everything I need to know about shooting a .22.

HA! Well done @SimonRL .

It’s definitely on my short list. I did not make it to my LGS but tomorrow maybe. KY Gun seems to have a fair price.

Yes...and no.

If you’ve ever had a magazine eject/partially eject “on its own” because the button released because of inadvertent pressure...that heel mag looks mighty good.

With practice, it really doesn’t take that much longer to swap, either...and let’s be honest, it’s pretty long odds you’ll even need to.

By the bye...it’s funny that it gets called the “European” release, because I do believe it’s a John Browning design...

There are grips you can buy for the Maks that move the release up to the top. If I recall there is some sort of trade off. To me the trade off is not keeping the grips original. Not that these pistols are worth a lot of money but to me they are cool little pieces of history.

With regards to mag swaps it's a moot point to me because I don't carry them and have no need for quick mag changes.

Well, not really recommending, more like making suggestions using what I currently own :sneaky:.
Let's see, for Cars & trucks, how about what I own. A 1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo T-Top roofs and a 2009 Tacoma 4x4 :unsure:.
I just read an article that Nissan is coming out with a retro Proto Z, to come after the current 370Z. Its to have some features of the old 240Z but with the back end resembling the 300ZX and the front end resembling the 350Z Nismo. Plus it will be a Twin Turbo 6 cylinder like the 300ZX with 400HP (mine is 300hp which was a lot back when I bought it for a 6 Cyl.). So there's my recommendation for you SimonRL:

Had a 1972 240Z in the same color and loved that car. In my 70's now so getting in and out could be trouble but...tempted!

Had a 1972 240Z in the same color and loved that car. In my 70's now so getting in and out could be trouble but...tempted!
I hear you there brother. Mine was tough getting in when I bought it in 1990. I’m 65 now & can still get in it, but boy, it’s like getting into a Gemini space capsule & sits so low to the ground 😄

Just tying a bow on this one... ended up ordering a SA 911 today (after a failed 911 order attempt inventory disappeared, to a online gun store canceled order on me for a P938). Typical FFL transfer time, covid time, and my wonderful 3 day cool down IL law and background I will hopefully see it in a week or two...

Still going to probably get a 22LR for fun when I see one on a decent sale.

Will post back info when I get it!

Just tying a bow on this one... ended up ordering a SA 911 today (after a failed 911 order attempt inventory disappeared, to a online gun store canceled order on me for a P938). Typical FFL transfer time, covid time, and my wonderful 3 day cool down IL law and background I will hopefully see it in a week or two...

Still going to probably get a 22LR for fun when I see one on a decent sale.

Will post back info when I get it!
Great, good luck Lchtus. Sorry to hear about the canceled order, that sure sucks. :(

Back