testtest

New Handgun Suggestion

Well, not really recommending, more like making suggestions using what I currently own :sneaky:.
Let's see, for Cars & trucks, how about what I own. A 1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo T-Top roofs and a 2009 Tacoma 4x4 :unsure:.
I just read an article that Nissan is coming out with a retro Proto Z, to come after the current 370Z. Its to have some features of the old 240Z but with the back end resembling the 300ZX and the front end resembling the 350Z Nismo. Plus it will be a Twin Turbo 6 cylinder like the 300ZX with 400HP (mine is 300hp which was a lot back when I bought it for a 6 Cyl.). So there's my recommendation for you SimonRL:

I buy American muscle.........😬😬😬😬

I buy American muscle.........😬😬😬😬
Back then, they had disappeared as being gas guzzlers. In the 70's I owned a Chevelle SS with major work my friend and I did on it. Solid lifters, Spider manifold, Holly quad carb, electronic ignition, Hurst Shifter, Hush Thrush exhaust, etc. That car could move but only got about 10mpg during the gas crunch, and I had to sell it. 🙁

I've heard nothing but good stuff about the Taurus TX22. A friend has one & loves it. It runs & runs.

Taurus TX22

It's the only .22lr pistol I know of with 16 rd. capacity mag.

Plus, it comes suppressor-ready with a standard threaded barrel.

I bought a TX22 a few months ago for my wife to practice with before her LTC class. The TX22 has run flawlessly, even with cheap bulk ammo. The 16-round mag makes it a blast to plink with, and extra mags are cheap. You can still find the TX22 in stock at Academy in my area for around $300. I purchased the Ruger LCP II 22LR to practice with when .380 ammo dried up, and the TX22 is much more reliable and more enjoyable to shoot.

I bought a TX22 a few months ago for my wife to practice with before her LTC class. The TX22 has run flawlessly, even with cheap bulk ammo. The 16-round mag makes it a blast to plink with, and extra mags are cheap. You can still find the TX22 in stock at Academy in my area for around $300. I purchased the Ruger LCP II 22LR to practice with when .380 ammo dried up, and the TX22 is much more reliable and more enjoyable to shoot.

Thank you @wmg1299 that sounds like an add to my collection just to have fun plinking.

I think I am going to pick up a 22LR this weekend and go handle some 1911’s and XDs. They have a RO 1911 at my range I am going to have to try to shoot this weekend.

Really appreciate the feedback everyone,.. Now to figure out if someone has things in stock...

Well, not really recommending, more like making suggestions using what I currently own :sneaky:.
Let's see, for Cars & trucks, how about what I own. A 1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo T-Top roofs and a 2009 Tacoma 4x4 :unsure:.
I just read an article that Nissan is coming out with a retro Proto Z, to come after the current 370Z. Its to have some features of the old 240Z but with the back end resembling the 300ZX and the front end resembling the 350Z Nismo. Plus it will be a Twin Turbo 6 cylinder like the 300ZX with 400HP (mine is 300hp which was a lot back when I bought it for a 6 Cyl.). So there's my recommendation for you SimonRL:

‘89 Mustang coupe LX 5.0 over ‘91 z all day long 🤪 i ripped a new one into a lot of late ‘80s- early ‘90s Z ‘s 😁

Offlist—HK VP9. In my experience, the best overall package in a 9mm striker going right now.
Agree I really like it, I like my usp 9mm more so I haven't invested in one. I'd love to see them bring it out in .45acp. I was disappointed when they went with a button mag release, I liked the paddles better. I've never had any problems with the paddles and it was HK's thing.

Last edited:
Agree I really like it, I like my usp 9mm more so I haven't invested in one. I'd love to see them bring it out in .45acp. I was disappointed when they went with a button mag release, I liked the paddles better. I've never had any problems with the paddles and it was HK's thing.

You can still get the VP9 with a paddle—in fact, that’s standard. The VP9B is the button release, and actually isn’t as common.

Gotta say I like the idea of the TX22. I haven’t shot it yet but have heard only good things from a lot of people. The 22 isn’t just plinking fun. It’s a great way to practice your fundamentals without spending a huge amount on ammo (relatively of course 🤬 covid) and those skills will absolutely transfer to your Hellcat or any other pistol.

My Makarovs are like that. Certainly not the best design for a carry weapon.

Yes...and no.

If you’ve ever had a magazine eject/partially eject “on its own” because the button released because of inadvertent pressure...that heel mag looks mighty good.

With practice, it really doesn’t take that much longer to swap, either...and let’s be honest, it’s pretty long odds you’ll even need to.

By the bye...it’s funny that it gets called the “European” release, because I do believe it’s a John Browning design...

OK, I hope you guys are happy! I wasn't even looking for a new gun and you guys made me go and order a TX22 from Kentucky Gun Co. So that means you guys have until the end of next week to tell me everything I need to know about shooting a .22.

Depending on what's available try a variety of ammo. I like CCI Minimags, but they're abit more expensive. Try some of 22lr that's made specifically for semi-autos.

My .02

Back