testtest

New outdoor range

All depends on where you are. Here in WI when it's 5F outside, I'm NOT going to an outdoor range. If you are in FL or southern CA, great! I have my ice-fishing gear, but it's hard to shoot in. Hands freeze shooting pistols outside right now, for the next 2 months...I have no idea where Livermore is. Range shooting is hours with little-to-no movement to generate heat. I doubt I could bring my LittleBuddy propane heater to the range and fire up an open-flame heater next to live ammo on a shooting table:)

Not sure about it being not so loud. Got several members with .338 Lapua Magnum rifles, and when they are seated next to you with their muzzle breaks pointed at your face, it doesn't get much louder. All indoor ranges near me limit you to pistols smaller than .50AE, or rifles .22LR max. Nothing even close to a typical .223 round unsuppressed (let alone .338). I like the noise myself...sounds like....Victory!

The boy sure does like the buddies private land shoots though ☺️☺️
CA1DD99F-F3CB-4CD6-927F-61FDE6C4E666.jpeg
8D41C00B-2712-488E-9F64-EC1011EAA155.jpeg

The best ... private club unmanned range 2 minutes from my house. Last visit was walking through the 12" snow to place targets.

20, 50, 100 and 200 yd tables but you can free stand, sit, kneel or lay anywhere in between.

I've gone over 4 times in a day before working on things.
Very similar situation here except it takes me about 10 minutes ( 8 miles) to get there.

I have 100 yard in the back yard. 220 if I shoot from my patio. Father-in-law has 3/4 mile if I want to stretch the legs. Outdoor is the way to go but I am not a fan of sloshy snow and sub-zero windchills. I'd rather be indoors.
I shot in the back yard for many years. Several years ago the wife got me a membership at the club for a birthday present because she was tired of finding brass mixed in with her begonias. :) I mean it's not like I always found every one.

I shot in the back yard for many years. Several years ago the wife got me a membership at the club for a birthday present because she was tired of finding brass mixed in with her begonias. :) I mean it's not like I always found every one.
The brass is impossible to find in the snow also.

The tables at the club are covered so they stay pretty clear. So I sometimes take a big cardboard box and set it up on the table as my brass catcher. It helps a lot.

Back