testtest

New Purchase Reflection....maybe?

Picked up a gen6 G17 this weekend. Haven't even fired a single round through it yet I'm already researching a new trigger, replacement sights and adding a RamJet\Afterburner combo. $700 on add-ons for a gun that cost $600.....THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN FIRED YET!

Started thinking about my very first firearms, Ducks Unlimited Remington 870 Pump 12 bought in '88 and a Kimber .45 in '97. Both perfect out of the box with no doodads and have functioned flawlessly for decades.

I guess there is something here about manufacturing quality, obsessions over "upgrades", marketing,my age, I don't know. Just feels good to get it out in the open.
 
Picked up a gen6 G17 this weekend. Haven't even fired a single round through it yet I'm already researching a new trigger, replacement sights and adding a RamJet\Afterburner combo. $700 on add-ons for a gun that cost $600.....THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN FIRED YET!

Started thinking about my very first firearms, Ducks Unlimited Remington 870 Pump 12 bought in '88 and a Kimber .45 in '97. Both perfect out of the box with no doodads and have functioned flawlessly for decades.

I guess there is something here about manufacturing quality, obsessions over "upgrades", marketing,my age, I don't know. Just feels good to get it out in the open.
I have the RamJet/Afterbuner setup on my P365 and it is fantastic.
 
I know what you mean about adding upgrades. I've had this revolver for 43 years and I know I must have changed the grips on it 2 or 3 times. ;).

Speed Six.jpg
 
I had night sights put on my CZ P-01. That's it. I buy guns and either like them the way they are or get rid of them. CZ TS2 and CZ Shadow 2 are right out of the box great, I wouldn't think of "Improving" them. I had a Glock 17 that people raved about. I didn't like it at all. Customize it? Nope, down the road.
 
Hi,

Picked up a gen6 G17 this weekend. Haven't even fired a single round through it yet I'm already researching a new trigger, replacement sights and adding a RamJet\Afterburner combo. $700 on add-ons for a gun that cost $600.....THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN FIRED YET!

Started thinking about my very first firearms, Ducks Unlimited Remington 870 Pump 12 bought in '88 and a Kimber .45 in '97. Both perfect out of the box with no doodads and have functioned flawlessly for decades.

I guess there is something here about manufacturing quality, obsessions over "upgrades", marketing,my age, I don't know. Just feels good to get it out in the open.

Thanks for the discussion.

I've looked into upgrades for a few of my pistols, but I'm very slow and methodical when it comes to actually buying and installing them. I usually need a specific reason to spend time and money on upgrades. And then sometimes I spend time and money just because it's fun and I want to.

I have one Glock in my little collection, a G17L. I like this Glock a lot more than I thought I would. They only upgrade I'm considering at the moment is the sights, but haven't gotten around to it yet. My Glock is basically a range toy right now but I tend to shoot it pretty well so I'm thinking about using it for some light competition, after I upgrade the sights. I've upgraded the sights on a few of my pistols.

I bought a trigger upgrade for my XD45 Mod 2 Tactical, but haven't installed it yet. I'll get around to it. I installed a grip upgrade on my 686, just to make it more "cowboy", and bought a western holster for it, just for fun.

All that just to say, "Glock Perfection?" :LOL:

But have fun and be safe. Some folks restore classic cars. Some folks like to customize their firearms. Make it "your own" and enjoy.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Hi,
Some folks like to customize their firearms. Make it "your own" and enjoy.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
that "can be" an issue, if someone customizes a gun to thier liking.

the issue can be..."what if" they want to trade it or sell it...??

not everyone has the same taste.

not everyone wants to buy a customized gun, if it was not done by a pro.

i got into a trucking website debate on this, regarding murals painted on trucks, that the owner liked.

however, not everyone wants a mural of the mountains, or a raceway, or running horses.....

gotta be careful and think about the future, of what you did.........in the past.
 
Hi,

that "can be" an issue, if someone customizes a gun to thier liking.

the issue can be..."what if" they want to trade it or sell it...??

not everyone has the same taste.

not everyone wants to buy a customized gun, if it was not done by a pro.

i got into a trucking website debate on this, regarding murals painted on trucks, that the owner liked.

however, not everyone wants a mural of the mountains, or a raceway, or running horses.....

gotta be careful and think about the future, of what you did.........in the past.

Yes, that's certainly a consideration. We all have different tastes. If you are considering reselling, a lot of buyers like "original condition". But if you are convinced that you'll never part with something, feel free to experiment and customize.

I'm that way with my musical instruments. I still own every instrument that I've ever bought, except for one, and I really regret selling that one.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
I had night sights put on my CZ P-01. That's it. I buy guns and either like them the way they are or get rid of them. CZ TS2 and CZ Shadow 2 are right out of the box great, I wouldn't think of "Improving" them. I had a Glock 17 that people raved about. I didn't like it at all. Customize it? Nope, down the road.

The only thing I did to my shadow 2 was add a light, different grips, and a red dot w/cover. Otherwise I totally agree that they are good out of the box even the SP-01
 
Hi,



Yes, that's certainly a consideration. We all have different tastes. If you are considering reselling, a lot of buyers like "original condition". But if you are convinced that you'll never part with something, feel free to experiment and customize.

I'm that way with my musical instruments. I still own every instrument that I've ever bought, except for one, and I really regret selling that one.


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
i have actually seen what might have been very good used trucks, sitting in the sales lot, and no takers, for weeks if not months on end.....

having a huge mural painted on those huge sleeper trucks, looks nice...but if it ain't you, you ain't buying it.

cuz then what..??

you buy it, THEN PAY money to have it painted over..??

too many big rigs all costumed out, chromed this, chromed that, stainless steel this and that......??

nope..many sit, and sit for a long long time........
 
Back
Top