testtest

New Range close by....

Jfal

Professional
Some good news....a new indoor range opened about 12 miles from me...and they DO NOT employ the Fudd rule (1 shot/second). They allow up to 50AE pistol (no 500S&W mag) and 300 Win Mag rifles to be fired down range. Only 25 yards, not sure why you'd bring a 300WM, except to maybe break in a barrel? Retail ammo in stock is 2-times the price of ammo online, but that's expected. $23/hour, $2/hr cheaper than the other range in the area. 8 lanes. Might have to break in the new HK there tomorrow....

12 miles away is good.

that 1 shot per second rule is "not enforced" at the range i go to, if we have been long time members or carry permitted shooters.

all others, must adhere.

yeah, i try not to buy ammo at the range as well, but as you say, it is to be expected, for them to pay the bills.

have a great time.>!!

Hi!

Some good news....a new indoor range opened about 12 miles from me...and they DO NOT employ the Fudd rule (1 shot/second). They allow up to 50AE pistol (no 500S&W mag) and 300 Win Mag rifles to be fired down range. Only 25 yards, not sure why you'd bring a 300WM, except to maybe break in a barrel? Retail ammo in stock is 2-times the price of ammo online, but that's expected. $23/hour, $2/hr cheaper than the other range in the area. 8 lanes. Might have to break in the new HK there tomorrow....

Close is good! Wow, a self-serve 24 hour indoor range? I see they have an associated outdoor range too. The monthly membership fee is very reasonable, cheaper than what I pay at Fletcher Arms. Cool. I've been thinking about checking out the facilities at Saukville. They are building outdoor pistol and rifle bays to augment their indoor range. They have a reasonable membership fee and are less then an hour away. I might have to use my gig money to pay for a second membership. :D I miss training and practicing outdoors.

Please share your fun there with your new HK. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi!

Close is good! Wow, a self-serve 24 hour indoor range? I see they have an associated outdoor range too. The monthly membership fee is very reasonable, cheaper than what I pay at Fletcher Arms. Cool. I've been thinking about checking out the facilities at Saukville. They are building outdoor pistol and rifle bays to augment their indoor range. They have a reasonable membership fee and are less then an hour away. I might have to use my gig money to pay for a second membership. :D I miss training and practicing outdoors.

Please share your fun there with your new HK. ;)

BassCliff
Not 24-hour...10-6 most days (10-5 Sundays). There is a 24-hour range in Janesville, but it is a private club that I have yet to join...their outdoor range is almost never open, thus the attraction for me lessens...

Hi,

Not 24-hour...10-6 most days (10-5 Sundays). There is a 24-hour range in Janesville, but it is a private club that I have yet to join...their outdoor range is almost never open, thus the attraction for me lessens...

Ah, OK. I guess it's not the range I found online. I'm still shopping around for an outdoor range too. The Shultz club in Muskego and the Saukville club both look interesting. I'll let you know if I get a chance to check out either one. In the meantime, I'm having a blast at Fletcher. ;)

BassCliff

Back