testtest

New Russian sniper rifle.

Recusant

Hellcat
Russians must be planning on going back to Afghanistan. Trying to have an unobstructed view of something 4 miles away, to me, would be the trick. Just think what the optics for that kind of range will cost.

Russians must be planning on going back to Afghanistan. Trying to have an unobstructed view of something 4 miles away, to me, would be the trick. Just think what the optics for that kind of range will cost.

I was reading than earlier from goa email

I was reading than earlier from goa email
Messing around with a Maksutov-Cassegrain astronomical telescope to use as a high powered spotting scope I learned that in day time the heat waves and air currents are the limiting factor in resolution. I don't think they will have much luck getting a clear and steady sight picture with ANY scope. At night, maybe. Day time, fuggeddaboutit.
Cute little red head, BTW.

Messing around with a Maksutov-Cassegrain astronomical telescope to use as a high powered spotting scope I learned that in day time the heat waves and air currents are the limiting factor in resolution. I don't think they will have much luck getting a clear and steady sight picture with ANY scope. At night, maybe. Day time, fuggeddaboutit.
I was wondering about mirage effects also. If you're shooting mountain from mountain I guess heat waves coming off the ground would be less of a issue. How would you account for wind drift on a target 4 miles away? Maybe the Russians plan to use bullets they can guide to the target.

I was wondering about mirage effects also. If you're shooting mountain from mountain I guess heat waves coming off the ground would be less of a issue. How would you account for wind drift on a target 4 miles away? Maybe the Russians plan to use bullets they can guide to the target.
You could pick out man sized targets but identifying which one is the officer or honcho would be a matter of luck.
Even in a dead calm over 4 miles any tiny variation in the loads would throw the shots off an awful lot. They would have to come up with precision ammo with the powder counted by the grain. This is a pretty outlandish goal to set.
They should just use a surface to surface guided missile and kill everything within 40 yards. Cheaper. :cool:

They use a drone for optic sighting.......maybe? Works like a relay?

Back