testtest

NEW: S&W PC™ M&P®10MM 5.6"

I love it already! I've been wanting 1 in 45acp for awhile. I might just get 2 for good measures! Thanks for the heads-up! I haven't seen anything on the s&w forum yet about it? I'm not into compacts or subcomps or micros, so this'll be a good addition!
Yeah, on their Gun Cabinet forum, all I get are surveys to fill out and notices each month that I'm not one of their monthly winners :LOL:

When you can purchase separately the frame (which is redundant) for almost the price of a complete gun..........well just buy the whole gun? I take that back, the complete slide assembly cost almost as much as a complete gun. I've seen small frame s&w metals, but not sure if it's compatible with factory guns?

I get those too, i won't ever win either. they want you to go to several places and join or like something. I don't do twitter, instagram or farcebook. I do like the looks of the new one.
Yeah, I don't do any social media unless you consider this and the S&W forums as such. I tried to use the same user name as here but they didn't allow it so I took the name Excalibur with the same avatar picture as here. I've seen one or two members from here on their that were able to keep their usernames the same.

Did you check the specs...........some almost made me choke from laughing.....I'll let you figure them out?
I looked, but can't figure out what you didn't like. State compliance? Safety? (which I don't like and will wait until a model without is released. One of my other S&W 10mm has the safety which I ordered not knowing, so I leave it off as one of my home defense guns). Number of mags (2), Mag capacity (wish it was more).
I just picked up the FN 510 Tactical with 22 round capacity. Very nice. :)

I looked, but can't figure out what you didn't like. State compliance? Safety? (which I don't like and will wait until a model without is released. One of my other S&W 10mm has the safety which I ordered not knowing, so I leave it off as one of my home defense guns). Number of mags (2), Mag capacity (wish it was more).
I just picked up the FN 510 Tactical with 22 round capacity. Very nice. :)
On 10# trigger it states "no"... thank God for that! I was surprised on how may state complaints there are.

That's probably my next purchase. looking for an FDE one. none here right now.
I order one through my LGS and it came in quickly. Here’s a few pics to wet your appetite until you get one 😉

IMG_1764.jpeg
IMG_1769.jpeg

Yeah, I don't do any social media unless you consider this and the S&W forums as such. I tried to use the same user name as here but they didn't allow it so I took the name Excalibur with the same avatar picture as here. I've seen one or two members from here on their that were able to keep their usernames the same.
Ah, ok, so now shall we call you Mr. Fancy Pants……🤣🤣🤣🤣

1684263728918.jpeg

Last edited:
I would like to get into the 10MM and have been considering one for a while. I'm a big fan of the M&Ps but ever since their 10MM version has been introduced the internet has been flooded with a few problems with M&Ps 10MM that have been causing me to hold back. They were especially tempting when S&W had their rebate program on them a while back.
The S&W forum has several threads about problems with their 10MM. The three problems mentioned most often involve the gun dropping the mag for no apparent reason. The second is that it doesn't handle the heavy loads such as those hard case loads from companies such as Buffalo Bore, Underwood and Cor Bon......the heavy loads that many prefer if they're going to be in bear country. It seems that as long as you shoot relatively light factory loads it handles them pretty well, but not the heavy loads. A third problem reported is a recurring failure to feed when the magazine gets down to it's last second or third round.
Many owners have tried switching out magazine springs, going to heavier springs with mixed success. Nothing seems to ultimately work and S&W hasn't acknowledged that there is a problem publicly. For that reason I have not purchased, hoping that they will eventually cure those problems.
It seems that with all of the polymer 10 MM offerings, whether it be Sig, M&P of SA there have been problems reported. All metal 10MM seem to be more problem free. The FN 510 is polymer, but so far it seems to be pretty problem free. The only problem is that it is about $1000 compared to the M&P that could be found in deals for about half that when the rebate was in effect.
I'm pretty impressed with this new offering from M&P but I'm wondering if the problems still exist or if they've been addressed. Just looking this it looks like just a new slide/barrel setup on the same frame, along with some other PC features. I think I'll wait a while longer to see how reports are on this latest 10MM from S&W.

Back