testtest

New Springfield

Ok so not intending to take over this thread but wanted to let everyone know two things, first I’ve spent the last two hours in a Walkin after not feeling good for a few days. Joy of all joys they think I have a kidney stone that has not passed to my bladder yet. Next stop? (Tomorrow) is the ER for more test,
lucky me.
The second thing is happier, I was told last night by my ex that I will be a grandpa soon. First grandchild!!!! 😎🤠😍

Ok so not intending to take over this thread but wanted to let everyone know two things, first I’ve spent the last two hours in a Walkin after not feeling good for a few days. Joy of all joys they think I have a kidney stone that has not passed to my bladder yet. Next stop? (Tomorrow) is the ER for more test,
lucky me.
The second thing is happier, I was told last night by my ex that I will be a grandpa soon. First grandchild!!!! 😎🤠😍
Congrats Keystone (y)! No, not on about to passing a kidney stone (done that a few times, mostly involving blood and hideous scans (The CT scan w/dye isn't the one I'm talking about :mad:). No seriously, congrats on becoming a grandfather 👨‍🦳🙂🙃😊👶👍.

I've been in the hospital 4 times for kidney stones. I feel for you. My first time with stones , I went under and the Dr had to put a stint in me. Well he put it against a nerve or something because they brought me out of recovery to my room way early. I was loudly moaning and groaning and didn't know it. With Morphine , they finally got me calmed down a little but I was still in pain. The reason , if you take a pair of Vise Grips , adjust them down almost with the jaws touching , and then clamp them on your right Testical , you will know why I was in so much pain . I had to have that stint in me for a month and every day was agony . By the way , I was on 10-325 Hydrocodone-Acetaminophen just to make the pain bearable.

I found a different Dr after that first time.

Congratulations on the first grandchild. 👏

Thank you everyone. Being a grandpa will be exciting. This will be my third kidney stone if that’s what it is, it is definitely an issue with my right kidney that is not presenting like my first two stones so further testing will give me a better idea on what I’m dealing with. I was going to go the range tomorrow so hopefully later in the week. 🙏😕

Ok, first range report on this 911 9mm. Went to my range, could only shoot the 8” steel plates, target stands were gone.....🤔🤔.
Shot at a distance of 7-10 yards, gun shot pretty good, only had 4 ftf issues, shot about 50 rounds, so I’m not complaining about just those 4 ftf. Ammo I was using was the Federal aluminum case Champion 115gr fmc.

Pros: accurate, night sights, grips and the texture makes it easy to keep hold of during recoil. 7 round mag with pinky extension.

Cons: snappy recoil, ambi safety, some issues with inserting and removing the mag.

Overall, I really like this pistol, the ambI safety was my biggest issue, I kept having where you flip safety on, all was fine, when I took safety off, the fleshy part of my hand between my thumb and forefinger caused the safety not to go all the way to the fire position, meaning when I flipped safety down to fire, the safety would hit my hand in that area and not go into the fire position fully. Overall I like this gun, would recommend it.

On the magazine . The Springfield and Sig 9mm do the same thing they get hung up midway. So either you have to hit it hard OR use the release button. I was on the range yesterday with my 938 and I was teaching myself how to do that . Gun somewhat sideways or angle slide up with right hand than left hand insert but wrap right thumb over to release press and insert

One thing is you could move the release to the right side. That certainly be easier to load magazine. Now releasing it could be harder right hand.

Something you have to play with but Yes its a PITA inserting magazine. I had the same issue on the 911 .380

On the magazine . The Springfield and Sig 9mm do the same thing they get hung up midway. So either you have to hit it hard OR use the release button. I was on the range yesterday with my 938 and I was teaching myself how to do that . Gun somewhat sideways or angle slide up with right hand than left hand insert but wrap right thumb over to release press and insert

One thing is you could move the release to the right side. That certainly be easier to load magazine. Now releasing it could be harder right hand.

Something you have to play with but Yes its a PITA inserting magazine. I had the same issue on the 911 .380
Yea, you mentioned the mag issue in your previous post here, probably just one of those things you just have to get used to like the ambi safety.

Back