testtest

New XDS OWNER W/Question on XDM

Martino

Alpha
Hello friends,
I have a question, my brother and I are new XDS owners and love them...my brother wants a .45 cal. I love the XDM Elite with all the bells and whistles. Threaded barrel, red dot, flared mag well, but I do not know if that comes in a .45 cal? I checked out the Springfield site , and read a lot of other information and I personally am seeing misleading information. I found the gun I described above, and in the description it states 9,40,45. But I’m not positive when I go to the Springfield site... any information here would be appreciated. Oh! And if known, what are my odds of getting this XDM Elite in either of the three cal’s?

Thanks in advance

The XDM Elite is only in 9mm. Your odds of getting it in .40 or .45 are zero. 9mm will probably be hard to find. The regular XDM is a wicked nice piece. It comes in .45 and 10mm. They both have an option with a threaded barrel.

The XDM Elite is only in 9mm. Your odds of getting it in .40 or .45 are zero. 9mm will probably be hard to find. The regular XDM is a wicked nice piece. It comes in .45 and 10mm. They both have an option with a threaded barrel.
Thanks a million for the quick response and clearing that up for me!

I have the XDM 5.25 and Compact 3.8, both in 9mm, and they are a pleasure to shoot, and the XDM Compact 3.8 is a pleasure to carry IWB or OWB. I am in no rush to go trade them in for the Elite version, as I am used to both.

If your brother can find the XDM in .45acp, its a great pistol. I saw the XDM Compact 3.8 in .45acp for sale at Palmetto State Armory just this week, in one of their sales ads. The nice thing with the Compact is you have options for a short, concealable grip frame, or an extended mag that gives you the full grip frame. They don't make it anymore, so you won't find any info on their website. There are plenty of reviews out there for it though. Just doesn't have the flared mag well, and does not have the threaded barrel. If he wants a threaded barrel, look for the XDM OSP model with the 4.5" barrel.

I have the XDM 5.25 and Compact 3.8, both in 9mm, and they are a pleasure to shoot, and the XDM Compact 3.8 is a pleasure to carry IWB or OWB. I am in no rush to go trade them in for the Elite version, as I am used to both.

If your brother can find the XDM in .45acp, its a great pistol. I saw the XDM Compact 3.8 in .45acp for sale at Palmetto State Armory just this week, in one of their sales ads. The nice thing with the Compact is you have options for a short, concealable grip frame, or an extended mag that gives you the full grip frame. They don't make it anymore, so you won't find any info on their website. There are plenty of reviews out there for it though. Just doesn't have the flared mag well, and does not have the threaded barrel. If he wants a threaded barrel, look for the XDM OSP model with the 4.5" barrel.
Great info thanks!

Hello! As far as I know, the Elite models only come in 9mm. If you are looking for .45acp I recommend the 3.8 compact if you are interested in carrying it. I have several Springfield guns. Xd mod2, 911 9mm, Helcat OSP ect, ect. I have to say that when you carry a Sptingfield 911 it is the most comfortable you can carry. but of all my guns, the one that I fell in love with is the XDM 3.8 .45 acp compact. I love it for its size, quality and above all precision when shooting. I have not seen a more accurate weapon than the xdm 3.8 .45 compact. great gun. all the sprinfields are good guys !! Excellent day!

Hello friends,
I have a question, my brother and I are new XDS owners and love them...my brother wants a .45 cal. I love the XDM Elite with all the bells and whistles. Threaded barrel, red dot, flared mag well, but I do not know if that comes in a .45 cal? I checked out the Springfield site , and read a lot of other information and I personally am seeing misleading information. I found the gun I described above, and in the description it states 9,40,45. But I’m not positive when I go to the Springfield site... any information here would be appreciated. Oh! And if known, what are my odds of getting this XDM Elite in either of the three cal’s?

Thanks in advance
Hello friends,

Thanks in advance
I just bought a xdm elite 9mm 4.5 tactical osp for 600 at academy 2 weeks ago. I'm sure they're out there.

Back