testtest

Newbe kinda

JR2112

Alpha
Hi all, name is Jim. Incase your wondering I’m a Long time and forever Rush fan, thus 2112. R.I.P. Neil. I’m also a 60 YO Male, and vet. A prior Jet Jock, retired. Always loved shooting, and my wife usually goes shooting with me. I built both her pistol and long rifle. Her Dad was a Sniper in Korea, and still kickin’. He wants to go back and settle a few scores! Haha! He’s a true American Hero. His son is an Army vet and a champion shooter at a local range. So, he eased me back into the hobby, (twist my arm!)….I’ve been reloading for about a year now and I’ve been using Berrys bullets for my 9mm’s 124Gr FMJ and N320 powder. They shoot better than i can right now after my heart transplant. But there seems to be a lot of knowledge on this forum, and I want to load 45ACP, so, I bought 500 230Gr Everglades bullets, i can’t seem to find any load data for these bullets. I’ve got CCI#300 primers, Xtreem cases, and N320, and Win231 powder, The N320 is a dream to shoot in the 9mm’s. So, i look forward to contributing when I can and also asking a lot of questions. First question is, does anyone have a link for load data that includes 230Gr RN plated Everglades bullets?
Thanks

Hi all, name is Jim. Incase your wondering I’m a Long time and forever Rush fan, thus 2112. R.I.P. Neil. I’m also a 60 YO Male, and vet. A prior Jet Jock, retired. Always loved shooting, and my wife usually goes shooting with me. I built both her pistol and long rifle. Her Dad was a Sniper in Korea, and still kickin’. He wants to go back and settle a few scores! Haha! He’s a true American Hero. His son is an Army vet and a champion shooter at a local range. So, he eased me back into the hobby, (twist my arm!)….I’ve been reloading for about a year now and I’ve been using Berrys bullets for my 9mm’s 124Gr FMJ and N320 powder. They shoot better than i can right now after my heart transplant. But there seems to be a lot of knowledge on this forum, and I want to load 45ACP, so, I bought 500 230Gr Everglades bullets, i can’t seem to find any load data for these bullets. I’ve got CCI#300 primers, Xtreem cases, and N320, and Win231 powder, The N320 is a dream to shoot in the 9mm’s. So, i look forward to contributing when I can and also asking a lot of questions. First question is, does anyone have a link for load data that includes 230Gr RN plated Everglades bullets?
Thanks
Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum. You are not the only Rush fan here. Myself and Talyn are both massive fans as well. My favorite Rush album is Caress of Steel incidentally.

Plenty of guys here reload so you found a good resource. And thank you for your service.
You’re welcome! Now i have to say you’re the first person to say Caress of Steel is their fav, album! I too happen to think its a great work of art and ahead of its time.
I bought the new T-7 press from Redding, I’ll be buying a progressive press for weekly plinking. I Tried the red plastic one……yuck!!!!! Great Taper crimp die though.

You’re welcome! Now i have to say you’re the first person to say Caress of Steel is their fav, album! I too happen to think its a great work of art and ahead of its time.
I bought the new T-7 press from Redding, I’ll be buying a progressive press for weekly plinking. I Tried the red plastic one……yuck!!!!! Great Taper crimp die though.

I may be biased because the first ( decent) band I was in played " No One at The Bridge". I was playing that song for money in front of people before I had ever even heard the actual song. The much older guitarist/singer/bandleader in that band was a Navy vet and a massive Rush fan.

After Moving Pictures I am sad to say, they haven't done much to peak my interest. 2112, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres, Closer To The Heart, Caress of Steel. All great stuff. Geddy and Chris Squire are my two main influences and are the reason why my number one bass since I bought it used in the early 80s has been my '74 Rickenbacker 4001.

5513AAD1-D827-4A6E-8486-F41D5EC4DC1C.gif

Welcome to the forum, I don’t reload anymore, but there’s a lot of knowledge reloaders here

Thanks

Hey Jim, welcome aboard! Have a good time while here.
Sounds like good partner on your wife's part and on the the builds too.
Likely quite a few good people into reloading here. Someone else may have experience with them?
On reloading with Everglades? Have never used them. Am not much into reloading right now, but there's some other similar comments about those same bullets out there on the web, they end up usually going by bullet weight and type. Everglades reloading seems to be similar to others from what heard. Is about all known on them from this end.

I would suggest getting several reloading manuals. I use Loadbooks, Lyman and Lee. Some go on powder or bullet websites for data. Lee says 4.2 gr. of 231 for a starting load. I usually load closer to 5.0.
I found it in a Lee manual. And bingo! 5.0 of Win 231, of course dont trust me, look for yourselves before using any unpublished info. 👍

Thank you for all the info, and welcomes! ”one likes to believe in the freedom of music, but glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter thr illusion of integrity, yeah”! ……Rush

"All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players. Performers and portrayers. Each anothers audience outside the gilded cage"

Back