testtest

News: Skyrocketing Ammunition Demand

"....during the COVID-19 crisis..."

...and riots...and defunding of the police...and general unrest... Yea, I'd say ammunition sales are skyrocketing. I managed to score a half dozen boxes of 9mm FMJ, so I was able to do some practicing this past weekend without dinging my personal inventory too badly. I still pick up boxes when I see them, just to have on hand.

I’m having a hard time finding 300BO Ammunition. I’m seriously thinking of selling my Saint Victor Pistol 300BO and Saint Rifle in 5.56 and just have my
Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56 and my Savage AR10 Hunter in .308

It’s a seller’s market right now...

But really, this isn’t news to anyone paying attention...and, quite honestly, it’s articles like this which are helping drive the panic.

I sometimes wonder if the ammo companies aren’t holding back a little bit to boost prices...

It’s a seller’s market right now...

But really, this isn’t news to anyone paying attention...and, quite honestly, it’s articles like this which are helping drive the panic.

I sometimes wonder if the ammo companies aren’t holding back a little bit to boost prices...
It’s probably a 50/50 on holding back shipments and just can’t make enough but yes valid point.

While talking to a fellow club member the other day, he said he was having a hard time finding bullets to reload for his 6.5 Grendel. I immediately told him I had a bunch of bullets, of assorted weights and makes. He asked if I had 90 Gr TNT's, and I said "Yeah, plenty" and I sold him a couple boxes for what I paid for them. Made his day and mine.:cool: I also ordered a good supply of 308 pills for the M1A, a couple hundred 168 Gr Sierra HPBT MK, and a like number of Hornady Match today.
Just ordered a carton of LR Mag Primers and a couple more pounds of TAC as well. Oh Happy Day!

Regards,
Bill

I’m in bad need of good 5.56 ammunition right now. Can’t seem to find anything around me. What I have found online is so unrealistically priced I won’t touch it.
Big city helps
Found 3-4k rounds of 9mm or 5.56 in last weeks on restock. Just have to “make the circuit” around town. I have restarted shooting 1000 rounds a month of 9mm . Just have to make the “rounds”. Big box stores still have it for Pre Covid prices +$2 a box

5.56 about $500/case for Federal M855 in ammo cans, 400rds per can...there was an entire pallet out the last time I was in one of my local places.

I’ve actually found that being more rural is a benefit...there’s a couple of gun stores local that always have it in stock.

Price has gone up by about 25%, though...but that’s not surprising.

5.56 about $500/case for Federal M855 in ammo cans, 400rds per can...there was an entire pallet out the last time I was in one of my local places.

I’ve actually found that being more rural is a benefit...there’s a couple of gun stores local that always have it in stock.

Price has gone up by about 25%, though...but that’s not surprising.
I have decided to put my Saint Victor Pistol 300BO on GunBrocker, I want to get down to just two calibers. 5.56+.308

Why? The run on ammunition will end at some point.
It’s partly due to the ammunition shortage and more due to the fact that I enjoy shooting the 5.56 Edge Pistol over the Victor 300BO Pistol.
The 5.56 Edge shoots everything I put through it however the 300BO Victor is limited to supersonic unless I invest in a suppresser no matter how I adjust the gas block. In that the 5.56 gives me a broader range of options if the shortage gets worse.

It’s partly due to the ammunition shortage and more due to the fact that I enjoy shooting the 5.56 Edge Pistol over the Victor 300BO Pistol.
The 5.56 Edge shoots everything I put through it however the 300BO Victor is limited to supersonic unless I invest in a suppresser no matter how I adjust the gas block. In that the 5.56 gives me a broader range of options if the shortage gets worse.
That makes sense. You'll probably never get a better price for it than right now. Good luck!

At our local Sportsmans Warehouse, the last few times I've visited, the ammunition shelves have been pretty cleared out. There have been long lines at the gun counter, and I'm not sure if they are standing in line for powder & primers (that is kept in the back room now), or if they're all waiting to purchase / pick up firearms. I'm glad I'm not in that hard place, needing a firearm AND ammunition!

Regards,
Bill

Back