testtest

News: Skyrocketing Ammunition Demand

Good read on the high demand of ammo right now

This article has some good information about the shortage. In addition to high demand, the raw materials are getting hard to find because of the coronavirus complication in the mines.

SCORE!!!!!!! Not gonna complain on this price hike to much sense it was literally the only place in town to have it.
057E4459-C2AE-4959-A298-2CD942EFB218.jpeg

At the end of February, I purchased two 9mm pistols from the Local Gun Shop. They were having a sale on some 5.55 ammo that I wasn't really even interested in (I had bought 2000-3000 rounds during the Obama potential Green tip ban, and still have a lot left). Box of 150 55gr 5.56 for $19.99. Some guy came in and bought 7 boxes leaving 3 left as they were flying off the self with this sale. Both he and the sales guy suggested I buy them before they were snapped up (they were the last 3 boxes), so I did. 450 rounds for $59.99 minus a $10.00 discount (for $49.99). The sales guy (who I know well), even threw in a free box of cheap 9mm ammo.
Fortunately, I'm pretty much well stocked on all my common calibers (1000k+ of each). I ordered several hundred rounds of 300 BO Subsonic and Federal HST 9mm, right before the Gun craze hit. I'm normally not extremely lucky, but I came out OK on this ammo shortage issue.

"....during the COVID-19 crisis..."

...and riots...and defunding of the police...and general unrest... Yea, I'd say ammunition sales are skyrocketing. I managed to score a half dozen boxes of 9mm FMJ, so I was able to do some practicing this past weekend without dinging my personal inventory too badly. I still pick up boxes when I see them, just to have on hand.

So you bought ammo for your personal use, so that you don't have to "ding" your personal ammo??

Makes sense.. that right there makes a whole lot of sense!!...

Its like buying gas for a personal car so that you don't have to use gas in your car!

Last week at the LGS, standing around to see if they had any reloading stuff available, I noticed a shotgun in the rack. It beckoned. A new CZ SxS 20 gauge of Turkish manufacture. I asked to see it, handled it, pulled up and swung, and that was it. Bought it & 5 boxes of Fiocchi fodder. Nice Turkish walnut, straight English grip, simple checkering. Watch out, Upland Birds! (Still no powder, primers, handgun ammo is nil. Plenty of shotgun ammunition).

Regards,
Bill

Every gun owner should build their supply to whatever they think they will shoot for years to come as the money becomes available. Ammo goes up around 10% every year so buying when possible really makes sense.

Some of us have invested money in certain calibers in very large quantities as a complement to investing in gold and silver as well. Given we paid about $1.00 per hundred for brand name .22 LR, when we decide to sell some of it in 2021 it will prove to be a good investment. The same is true of all of military surplus ammo we bought at auction years ago. Of course we have the time cost of money and the storage costs but we will still make out better than some other investments.

Back