testtest

NHL 24 Playoffs

SaltyMonkey

Professional
Who’s watching , who are you pulling for?
Go Canes!
IMG_0090.jpeg

I used to watch hockey with my grandfather a lot when he was alive. My favorite team back then was the Philadelphia Flyers (Bernie Parent was their goalie back then). Our favorite player was Billy Barber. He was from just down the road from us in Callander, Ontario. But I digress…
I’m cheering for the Winnipeg Jets, my home team for the place I lived at the longest. They lost that team for a while but were able to get it back when they demolished the old arena for a fancy dancy sports event center in downtown Winnipeg.

Or the Former tribe from Cleveland?
Yes, Cleveland. My heart breaks a little further every time I see and hear Guardians. So, so senseless from every angle, IMO.
Our teams, whom I believe still have the two best early records, go at it tonight. I've always liked the Braves, also. I rarely missed the old nightly TBS games! Play ball. . .

Yes, Cleveland. My heart breaks a little further every time I see and hear Guardians. So, so senseless from every angle, IMO.
Our teams, whom I believe still have the two best early records, go at it tonight. I've always liked the Braves, also. I rarely missed the old nightly TBS games! Play ball. . .
Should be a good ballgame tonight.
I’ll occasionally pull for Cleveland , though He is not on the mound for Cleveland tonight (Gavin Williams) I always like to see fellas from my alma mater do well.

Hartford Whalers 😉😬
I saw Geordie Howe and the Hartford Whalers play the NY Islanders in 1979 at the old Nassau Coliseum. Geordie was 52 and played without a helmet. He took a penalty and people ran down to the box to get autographs. He is one of the few celebrities that I have met who was larger than life. I was fortunate to grow
up near Binghamton, NY which was home to the Whaler’s American League farm team and got to rub elbows with many of the Whaler’s pros. One of the best logos in pro sports ever.

IMG_7016.jpeg

I saw Geordie Howe and the Hartford Whalers play the NY Islanders in 1979 at the old Nassau Coliseum. Geordie was 52 and played without a helmet. He took a penalty and people ran down to the box to get autographs. He is one of the few celebrities that I have met who was larger than life. I was fortunate to grow
up near Binghamton, NY which was home to the Whaler’s American League farm team and got to rub elbows with many of the Whaler’s pros. One of the best logos in pro sports ever.

View attachment 56624
Those were the real mofos. Al MacInness, Gordie, Bobby Orr. Back before they ruined hockey.

5 minute major for fighting. Pffft. :rolleyes:

Those were the real mofos. Al MacInness, Gordie, Bobby Orr. Back before they ruined hockey.

Hence the Geordie Howe Hat Trick. A goal, an assist, and a fight. Still an honor in today’s game.

Today’s hockey players are amazing athletes, it’s honestly a golden age of hockey right now, but I learned to play the old way and played right up to a couple of years ago and I miss the level of malevolence that policed the game.

Al MacInnis probably still has the hardest slapshot in the NHL hahaha. I bet it's alot faster than what equipment in the 90's could accurately clock. I mean, he's the only dude i've ever seen flex a wood stick like a composite, but two decades earlier lol.

Back