testtest

No politics involved

What if this country had a 2 or 3 years mandatory military for all 18 years olds? Would this change views on how citizens born in this country feel? What would/could put this country in a better/worse situation? With other countries that make it mandatory for reference on the subject and how/why their country does this. What/why might make this country stronger?

THIS CAN BE DONE WITHOUT ANY POLITICAL VIEWS, ONLY WHAT IFS/MAYBES!

I would like to believe that this country would be a more together and no/less finger pointing at blame. There would be less 2A issues. Our military would be extremely massive. I would hope that there would be more prosperity and less to no crime. I don't know enough about other countries that have this mandatory military for x number of years for comment about how/why their country is better or worse because of mandatory military service.

What if this country had a 2 or 3 years mandatory military for all 18 years olds? Would this change views on how citizens born in this country feel? What would/could put this country in a better/worse situation? With other countries that make it mandatory for reference on the subject and how/why their country does this. What/why might make this country stronger?

THIS CAN BE DONE WITHOUT ANY POLITICAL VIEWS, ONLY WHAT IFS/MAYBES!
i do believe that Israel has mandatory service.

Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) served.

is an Israeli actress and model. At age 18, she was crowned Miss Israel 2004. She then served two years in the Israel Defense Forces as a soldier, whereafter she began studying at the IDC Herzliya college, while building her modeling and acting careers.[13][7][14]

and if i recall, Natalie Portman who is also an actress, born in Israel, but she never served, i cannot recall why, and she was in some hot water for it, for a while....

so YES...make it mandatory, at 18, ship'em off to boot camp, mandatory 2 year hitch.

maybe some of the snowflakes will melt when in Parris Island..???

I think either military or other forms of public service would be of benefit. Not everyone is cut out for the military, but there are plenty of other areas that could be addressed.
Agreed.

Also, Swiss have more free gun laws and mandatory military service , yet their crime rate is super low. Everyone is armed and everyone knows how to use a gun due to military transcription

I think there should be some mandatory civil service, military or otherwise. I also think it needs to be outside the community the person grew up in so they can see the country outside their bubble. They could do good for the country and they could learn to appreciate the different experiences and opinions found in other groups, which would also do good for the country as I think most of them would be more grounded and less tribal later in life.

Whether it be anti 2A, refunding civil service or my views political hatetred this country could be better off with this type of service! As stated before me, it needs to be either civil or military x number of years mandatory. Maybe a rotation of service between the 2? Starting with military then going to civil (police, medical, fire, constructional or search and rescue). Higher learning will get paid for in doing so with x number of years of service. This should not need to be anything more than a democracy as it already is.

So would you trade your current 2A rights for a mandatory 2 year military service and the ability to keep your service rifle in your house?
Your 2A rights in this country wouldn't change, but give others a revived perspective. Hopefully this country could be more together! This would hopefully get and keep America on track, prosper and know this country means something! No kneeling, back turning, and/or shunning of the flag! Love the country and thy neighbor (or at least tolerate) for UNITED states'! Pay it forward, speed kindly and/or more respect for athority (house, school and government). Know that the person standing next to you is there for you and country!

Your 2A rights in this country wouldn't change, but give others a revived perspective. Hopefully this country could be more together! This would hopefully get and keep America on track, prosper and know this country means something! No kneeling, back turning, and/or shunning of the flag! Love the country and thy neighbor (or at least tolerate) for UNITED states'! Pay it forward, speed kindly and/or more respect for athority (house, school and government). Know that the person standing next to you is there for you and country!
My reply was in response to the side conversation regarding Swiss gun rights.

Hmm.. interesting topic.

But let me tell u the truth of it, boys n girls. I retired after approx 22 yrs combined Army National Guard and Active Duty about 10 yrs ago.
Current thinking in the mil hierarchy is we do not want “the draft” back.
Some sort of public service of a year or two is what a lot of people (often just those beyond the impacted age group, however) seem to endorse. (But I could be wrong- perhaps a lot of kids today would take to the idea). Perhaps there’d be an option, for those desiring it, to be fast-tracked to the military, which might ease recruitment a lot. But it’s essentially the opposite of a military draft with the option for objectors to do their service time in, say, the Peace Corps.
But “the Army” wants only volunteers these days. Period.
The logistics of dealing with massive amounts of kids coming in during peacetime is cost and time prohibitive…
I could go on, but will leave it at that.

Hmm.. interesting topic.

But let me tell u the truth of it, boys n girls. I retired after approx 22 yrs combined Army National Guard and Active Duty about 10 yrs ago.
Current thinking in the mil hierarchy is we do not want “the draft” back.
Some sort of public service of a year or two is what a lot of people (often just those beyond the impacted age group, however) seem to endorse. (But I could be wrong- perhaps a lot of kids today would take to the idea). Perhaps there’d be an option, for those desiring it, to be fast-tracked to the military, which might ease recruitment a lot. But it’s essentially the opposite of a military draft with the option for objectors to do their service time in, say, the Peace Corps.
But “the Army” wants only volunteers these days. Period.
The logistics of dealing with massive amounts of kids coming in during peacetime is cost and time prohibitive…
I could go on, but will leave it at that.
It could be spread between those who are college bound and maybe get their time for higher education 1st, but still there is the next year of grads? I think the cost would be less when compared to the cost of extra policing, unemployment or government hand outs. Cost of training, housing, skill learning and other inputs could break even or save money? It would beat slums, over priced government/state housing/projects or any other specialized police crime related enforcement.

Back