testtest

Non-gov’t firearm exports halted

Due to most countries having very restrictive firearms laws I’m not sure if companies export volume is anywhere as big as domestic sales here.

That said while this rule seems odd I’m curious if one got into the weeds with it if it’s not yet another back door political agreement that another country offered to scratch the Biden admin back and wanted the imports curtailed for a few. Like say Russia sine they deal with both sides of nations fighting behind the scenes.

We shall see!

Dunno what's up with this, but the first thing I thought of was when US put an arms embargo on Israel at its founding in 1948. There were plenty of WWII surplus military airplanes floating around at that time, but the G absolutely wouldn't let any of them go to Israel, not even ones already privately owned. Israel ended up having to buy Czech-built BF-109 variants (Avia S.199, which by most accounts were horrid, wretched airplanes) from Czechoslovakia, as well as Czech-built 98 Mausers. And smuggle all of it in.

IIRC, people did manage to smuggle three B-17s into Israel, and later on (by the 1956 "Suez War") Israel managed to get Spitfire IXs and P-51Ds from somewhere, I forget where but I know I have that info somewhere. I think maybe the P-51s came from Sweden.

They later rebarreled the K98 Mausers to 7.62 NATO and kept them for years in reserve. They let some of them go in the late '80s and I was lucky enough to buy one at the time from Century Arms for right around $100. I haven't fired it to this day.

1698509802074.png

Due to most countries having very restrictive firearms laws I’m not sure if companies export volume is anywhere as big as domestic sales here.

That said while this rule seems odd I’m curious if one got into the weeds with it if it’s not yet another back door political agreement that another country offered to scratch the Biden admin back and wanted the imports curtailed for a few. Like say Russia sine they deal with both sides of nations fighting behind the scenes.

We shall see!
Sig Sauer is the largest exporter of firearms in the world. I would think that a large portion of that is foreign military sales, so that is still in play, but I’m sure the pause will effect them.

SCCY is probably safe.

they also stopped private non government sales of ammo from the government owned ammo producer that makes ammo for military and subsequent private sales
could be to build up for upcoming NEED of rounds for engagements

Sig Sauer is the largest exporter of firearms in the world. I would think that a large portion of that is foreign military sales, so that is still in play, but I’m sure the pause will effect them.

SCCY is probably safe.

I’m just looking at civilian stuff. JP Sauer I believe is still making rifles as is Mauser and Seko and then the array of Turkish stuff so the European hunters are safe not sure which countries do or don’t allow AR type stuff and that seems to be a driven force.

I k ow there was a cult following in Australia with Marlin Lever-actions after their “Ban” so I’d suspect other levers are just as popular now as Marlin has been on hiatus until recently

After reading a new article with more info. That article states there are 40 countries that are BOT on the list and have a separate export license or category and they are good to go. It also mentions 2 of the 40 countries are Ukraine and Israel

I’d be curious on the other 38

Back