testtest

North and South: Anti-Gunners Targeting State Preemption Statutes

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Good article all should read on how anti gunners targeting states preemption statutes, I fear after the new administration gets settled in, this is just the beginning of stuff we lawful gun owners will have to deal with.

The rules for the locale in which you receive your permit, and/or carry and store your firearms, should apply to you (the person) no matter where you are at the time.

It'll never happen...but it doesn't get much more "common sense" than that.

Well...other than nationwide Constitutional Carry, or national reciprocity.

@OkiePewPew gotta say I didn’t see this coming from your state.
Florida is solid purple. Miami/Tampa/Orlando versus the rest of the state. Just like good ol usa. We're always on the cusp of some ridiculus stuff here. They wanted to give felons back the right to vote, just before the last election, but got caught up because the legislature passed a law saying that includes victim restitution and fines. Well duh, that's part of their sentence and punishment.

I'm sure our "other-side-of-the-aisle" governor (I have other descriptions to use, but they wouldn't pass muster here), is just chomping at the bit now to get Constitutional Carry repealed here in Kentucky. It was one of his campaign promises.

Due to the fact that preemption laws are for the most part strictly a state-level issue, there is little to worry about from the incoming administration. As Okie pointed out, the danger arises when large blue cities keep growing in otherwise red states. Preemption laws can be in serious danger depending on how different State Legislatures are comprised. Preemption laws are probably safe in states where suburban and rural areas are allotted a large number of seats in the legislature. In states where seats are awarded more on population density, the laws may be in jeopardy. Gerrymandering comes into play in both scenarios.

Our Pro-2A organizations really need to do more outreach to convince city-dwelling millennials that privately owned firearms increase safety. You would think that the soaring crime rates in cities with heavy gun-control would do the job for them. Unfortunately, this just doesn't seem to be working.

Here in Virginia we have been dealing with this for the past year. Our ant-gun General Assembly did away with out Preemption Law last year. In the liberal areas of the state local governments have been busy changing where, when, and what you can carry. Doesn't matter whether it's open carry or concealed. The General Assembly is busy as I type bring bills to the floor that have gun owners firmly in their sights!

Back